Baking lessons..

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So, i really love to bake but im pretty amateur at it. I would love to take some kind of baking classes or schooling on it but my area is pretty desolate for things like that. my only other option is the internet. Do any of you have a favorite youtuber or blogger that really knows what their doing??

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I learned how to bake from reading recipe books - plus a lot of practice. I occasionally look up stuff on YouTube though, when I need to see what something looks like at various stages of the process.

What kind of stuff do you want to learn to bake - cakes, bread, etc?

Reaction score
Well i make a really amazing banana bread but i would love to be able to make a good cupcake or cake. i mean, i can already make them but i would really like to know the ins and outs of baking. the tricks..what each ingrediant is actually for...stuff like that.

Reaction score
I would suggest watching several of the most popular chefs/cooks/bakers on Youtube and find one that is more suited to your interested and learning abilities.

I kind of like this guy....he is an apprentice under Martha Stewart.
Kitchen Conundrums with Thomas Joseph
He has all sorts of ideas and basics for baking and cooking.
His videos can be found on Youtube.

His drawback is, he IS an apprentice. He does not have all the "in's and out's" and little "tricks' of the trade" yet. So what he shows you is usually "just the facts".

Buttercream Basics is hosted by Chef Alan Tetreault on Youtube.
He is pretty good, as he explains a lot while he works. He seems to be very detailed, which is what you really need if you are just learning.

Once you understand the basics and have adapted your own baking methods, you can go further with more detailed videos from more experienced bakers and Chefs.

PBS, as well as BBC have VERY good food series' on just about everything.

Two British bakers you might like are Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry.
They are both highly skilled bakers and Chefs.

Reaction score
Two British bakers you might like are Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry.
They are both highly skilled bakers and Chefs.

I'll second that! Plus Paul tends to focus on bread, and Mary tends to do other types of baking, so you're covered on all bases :)

Ask a Question