Baking Soda recipe request

Reaction score
I was just trying to make a banana cream pie and did not properly label my baking soda...I thought it was corn flour! I tried to scrap away as much of the baking soda as possible but I think there must be at least 2.5 Tablespoons in 3/4 cup of sugar. I hate wasting ingredients especially with my sugar which has been stored in dried vanilla pods so it could absorb the essence. Does anyone know a recipe I could make with this baking soda sugar? I figured it did not hurt to ask. But I have a feeling my pipes are going to get a good vinegar drainage with it.

Reaction score
I just wanted to update my thread. I found this link: http://www.mygfgirlfriend.com/2013/04/best-coconut-flour-chocolate-mug-cake-ever-gluten-free/ I was actually using it to find a coconut flour microwave mug cake recipe. And it said 'homemade baking powder' which was interesting to me. It ends up you can use baking soda, with cream of tarter to make corn starch free baking powder! So all I have to do is use it with a recipe that calls for the correct amount of sugar that I also accidentally mixed in and I should be good to go!

Ask a Question