Baking the morning bread

Reaction score
When we moved into this house in 2001, we had plans of putting up a bakery in the tradition of a cottage industry. We would h ire a baker to do the job but the plan did not push through because we lacked the capital. The morning bread is called such because it is the staple for breakfast. 90% of the household buy that morning bread called pandesal. And if your pandesal is good then you can have a captured market.

My husband's brother had ventured in such a business. And although they failed in their initial ventures, they finally got successful in baking a good pandesal. And they said it's not easy to experiment.

PS. The pandesal is similar to a bagel with the texture and probably the taste as well.

Reaction score
I checked out this bread and it looks easy to make if you are into using yeast. You said they were like bagels? I am assuming in the taste rather than the look?

Reaction score
Well I am glad to hear that your husband's brother got his business up and going. It sounds like most mornings in your home smell like this delicious morning bread, and for that I am quite jealous. I have never had one of those, but since you say it is like a bagel I suppose that I kind of had, and I do love bagels. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
@Corzhens Putting up a bakeshop is also one of our frustrations, especially my husband since he's the one who really has the passion for cooking and experimenting on food. There was one time we went to a bakeshop which closed because the owner no longer has the budget to continue on with his business. We almost bought all the materials for a bakery shop but the owner suddenly backed out because someone lent him money to continue on with his business.

@rz3300 The smell of pandesal is indeed so sumptuous that it can wake you up in the morning making you want to immediately head on to your dining room for breakfast. :)

Reaction score
That sounds delicious. I think I would enjoy some bagel-like bread. I don't generally bake bread though (trying to limit carbs). I wish I could have fresh bread every day though.

Breakfast bread around here would be homemade biscuits. My husband loves them, so I bake some for him on the weekends sometimes.

Reaction score
When I was still single and in my home country I also dream to have my own bakeshop since I am already selling cupcakes, brownies, macaroons, chocolate crinkles, bar cookies and other simple pastries only by made to order for gist giving. My regular customers are my family, relatives, close friends, officemates, my siblings co employees, classmates of my nieces and nephews. That is why when I got married and migrated to another country they are telling me to go home already because they will place an order especially during the holiday season. That is why sometimes it makes me feel sad when I am thinking of them. Before I also like to bake simple bread like the same as this pandesal which like you said is good to eat for breakfast.

Ask a Question