Baking Time for Bundtlette vs. Bundt Cake

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a recipe for a bundt cake that I would like to make in the pan below. The bake time for a 10in bundt pan is 45-60 min at 325.
If I use the pan below (3.5 cup capacity), at what temp and how long do you think I should bake it?
My initial thought is to bake at the same temp just a shorter amount of time, but I wanted to get your take!
Thank you!

61NoWKkuMvL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a recipe for a bundt cake that I would like to make in the pan below. The bake time for a 10in bundt pan is 45-60 min at 325.
If I use the pan below (3.5 cup capacity), at what temp and how long do you think I should bake it?
My initial thought is to bake at the same temp just a shorter amount of time, but I wanted to get your take!
Thank you!

View attachment 2815

I actually have a couple of the Nordic Ware Bundtettes in this collection. First of all do not bake at 350°F. This collection of is best at 325°F. The coating conducts heat much more intensely than an uncoated pan. If you bake at 350°F the smaller cakes will end up with a dry hard crust on them. But really cake shouldn’t be baked at 350°F. I bake all my cakes at 325°F with rare exception.

To get the cakes to release use baker’s grease. Mix equal parts by weight of vegetable oil, flour, and shortening like Crisco. Then use a pastry brush to apply it into all the little nooks and crannies. I guarantee nothing will stick with Baker’s grease. Alternatively you can use a Wilton Bake Easy spray. Generously spray. Then use the pastry brush to get into all the nooks and crannies. Then lightly spray again. There’s other brands of baking sprays but Wilton’s is the best in my opinion.

I do not recommend greasing and flouring the pan. One, it’s not full proof; two it’s blotchy.

Bake for about 25 minutes and then check for doneness. I always do the touch test first. Touch it to see if it springs back slightly. If the indentation stays then bake a little bit longer. If it springs back slightly then do the toothpick test.

Ask a Question