Recommended Baking Tools for Home Bakers

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm looking to replace a few of my older cheap tools (like whisks, spatulas, cooling racks, etc) because they no longer work well for my purposes. I bake at home a 1-2 times a week, so I'm definitely an amateur who doesn't need commercial products meant for all day everyday use. The thing is, I don't know that much about what reliable tools would look like or where to get them. If you know of any good brands, I would really appreciate you sharing them, thanks!

bjm

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm looking to replace a few of my older cheap tools (like whisks, spatulas, cooling racks, etc) because they no longer work well for my purposes. I bake at home a 1-2 times a week, so I'm definitely an amateur who doesn't need commercial products meant for all day everyday use. The thing is, I don't know that much about what reliable tools would look like or where to get them. If you know of any good brands, I would really appreciate you sharing them, thanks!
You might try a restaurant supply store to just get an idea of the various qualities available. I buy all of my sheet pans, cutting boards, cooling racks, stainless bowls of various sizes using this resource. Sur LaTable is and excellent source for high quality tools. Another source is OXO for various things and GRI for quality silicone spatulas. Good luck - this sounds like a fun adventure!!!

Reaction score
Restaurant supply store is usually cheaper if you can find a store near you. Sur La Table and William Sonoma is overpriced IMO. And most of the stuff they sell is not necessary in that they are gimmicky gagets.

The very best spatulas are Vollrath. Its a trade brand so sold in restaurant supply stores. I am not sure if the ones on Amazon are counterfeits, Amazon has a ton of counterfeits. But that spatula is in very commercial kitchen because it performs like no other and is very durable. The spatula is firm, but just flexible enough. I scrapes a bowl clean. Then come in several sizes. Heat resistent, so you can cook with them. And did I mention durable?! The Vollraths sell out fast at my local restaurant supply store, they cannot keep them in stock.

Ask a Question