Baking with children

Reaction score
I personally can't wait until my little man is old enough to help me in the kitchen and par take in baking crafts. I want to make Christmas cookies and build gingerbread houses with him around the holiday. I can't wait to carve pumpkins and find other fall crafts on Pinterest!

Reaction score
I don't have kids at the moment, but I'm excited to someday cook with them in the kitchen too! I think it's a great way to bond with your kids, and educational too!

Reaction score
Oh, I agree with all of the above! From the perspective of a child who helped in the kitchen and can now make things on her own, baking is an enjoyable and fun experience as well as an important life skill for everyone regardless of gender or anything else. If you know how to cook and bake, you will at least be able to have delicious and nutritious food wherever you go in life.
Seasonal crafts, as mentioned by the OP are also a good idea. Why not try making Christmas cookie ornaments or clay menorahs or candle-holders for Chanukah or Kwanza? Those are fun. I grew up in a house where we celebrated both Chanukah and Christmas because my mom grew up Episcopalian and my father grew up Jewish but not in an orthodox sect. It gave me the chance to celebrate lots of holidays.

Reaction score
Cooking with your children is very beneficial, it instills confidence in them, independence, and it is a time of bonding and experimentation. I allowed my daughter to help me cook when she was very young, she developed a love for it and will attending her first year of culinary school in October. She cooks for our entire family and baking is her favorite thing to do. She says she enjoys the freedom to be as creative as she likes; my granddaughter loves my daughter chocolate chip pancakes, she makes the batter from scratch and they are delicious. :)

Reaction score
I don't have kids of my own, but I do have nieces. So far we have baked together. I would like to teach them how to cook, but for that I will have to wait until they are both old enough.

Reaction score
I have a daughter that's not even quite 6 months old yet, and I'm already so excited about the prospect of her helping me in the kitchen.

I feel like getting kids involved in baking and cooking early not only gives them some responsibility and an interesting task to do, but it's also an important life skill and special parent-child bonding time. I've already been looking at cute kid-size cooking aprons online - never too early to look, right?!

Reaction score
I have a son and a daughter who are both in their teenage years. My daughter as being fascinated with cooking from she was a tender age and as such it's impossible to keep her out of the kitchen as she's always cooking up a storm. My son on the other hand enjoys whatever is served to him on a plate but isn't going through the hassle to have it prepared for himself.

Reaction score
Nowadays there are children whom at a young age already had an interest in cooking. Sometimes they are there around the kitchen watching their grandmother, mother or elder sisters how to prepare and cook or bake foods. It is just nice to know that they are smart to act this way which is be curious to things that surrounds them and its great! This will make them to responsible at home while growing up.

Ask a Question