Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze

Reaction score
As usual, I had 2 bananas that were going bad, so I decided to see what I could make with them. I've been making a lot of banana bread lately, so I wanted to switch it up and find a new recipe to make. I was going to go with one I found, but it seemed really detailed and had a lot of steps, more than I had time for right then. So, I kept looking, and found this one, for Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze. I've used other recipes from the site and been happy, so I decided to go for it.

I ended up breaking it into two tasks, because as I said, i didn't have a lot of time. I liked that I had to put the dough in the freezer for a while, because it enabled me to go do something else partway through the process. Since it's just on a dinner plate, it didn't take up much room in the freezer, which was good, because my freezer is small and packed. I ended up putting the dough back in for another 30 minutes, because it was too soft. It was still soft after an hour, but I went ahead and used it, and they turned out fine. I ultimately iced them the next day, because they need to be thoroughly cooled prior to icing, and I got busy with other things. One of the scones didn't make it to the icing process, that's how yummy they were. Also, I ended up using a lot of powdered sugar in the icing, at least 1 cup, so be sure to have more than the recipe requires.

Attachments

• banana bread scones.jpg
    banana bread scones.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 514
Reaction score
Love the idea of banana bread scones - I'm rather boring and have really only made plain scones and date scones before...I really need to probably branch out a little, since I do enjoy scones (especially with my morning coffee!)

Reaction score
Love the idea of banana bread scones - I'm rather boring and have really only made plain scones and date scones before...I really need to probably branch out a little, since I do enjoy scones (especially with my morning coffee!)
I don't know you can be more boring than me with baking. Boring or in a box so to speak. Once I find something I like that is easy, I make it until I get tired. It happened with scones and I have not made in weeks. I love banana bread, so banana scones seem like a great idea. I know myself well enough to know I would omit the glaze. I like the fact scones don't have much sugar so this is a fine recipe scones alone.

Reaction score
I don't know you can be more boring than me with baking. Boring or in a box so to speak. Once I find something I like that is easy, I make it until I get tired. It happened with scones and I have not made in weeks. I love banana bread, so banana scones seem like a great idea. I know myself well enough to know I would omit the glaze. I like the fact scones don't have much sugar so this is a fine recipe scones alone.

I get like that too - I think a big part of it can be getting comfortable with it and knowing you can make it well, so you just end up sticking to that. I've been trying to branch out more and more (with both my baking recipes and just recipes in general - shaking up my dinner routines and so forth) because I was stuck in a rut with them too!

Reaction score
Yummy!!!! Those scones look delicious, I personally love the idea of using a glaze to cover them with, just delicious! I love scones myself, but I am rather bored of the ''traditional'' recipe. I'm so ready to try something new like this.

Reaction score
I can attest that they taste wonderful with or without the glaze, since I ate one before I glazed them :p. I'm not used to items such as scones with icing on them either, but since I love brown sugar, I decided to try this one with the icing on the first go round. Because this is a little more work than the other scones I've made in the past, I wouldn't use this as a default recipe, but more one that I would use on occasion.

Reaction score
Yummy!!!! Those scones look delicious, I personally love the idea of using a glaze to cover them with, just delicious! I love scones myself, but I am rather bored of the ''traditional'' recipe. I'm so ready to try something new like this.

Caution young lady. I only allow you to splurge a little bit. :)What have you done lately? Have you moved? I can't remember reading if you have already moved.

Last edited:

Ask a Question