Banana Bread (vid)

Reaction score
I came across this video of banana bread the "old-fashioned" way. I've never made it. You bread bakers that have made it before, is it like this or similar? Does it come out well? I won't lie, the only bread I've been able to make is the bowl bread. I'm kind of scared to try this. LOL

Reaction score
It looks very good :) I also love getting some recipes from YouTube, I have found some real jewels over there. I'm too spoiled though, I've recently tried banana bread with cream cheese... I liked it too much. I might still give this one a try :)

Reaction score
TheNewMummy, if I did so can you. You are going to love it. I guess mine was similar except I used raisins and I did not let it sit once I had mixed it. I was thrilled with my outcome. I am just waiting for the right bananas. The riper the better.

Reaction score
The NewMommy, I had to come and share that I am just through making a banana bread. I got some overripe bananas from my mom and I am thrilled with the result as usual. I even played around with the recipe and used a combination of whole wheat and all purpose flour. You have to try it. It's so simple it's frightening.

Reaction score
great looking recipe and it looks really easy

Without looking at the video again I made another banana bread yesterday with some of the bananas I stored in the freezer and I made it without consulting a recipe once. It was easy peasy and my son loved it. He's my biggest critic so a thumbs up from him makes me quite happy. Perhaps I can make a video myself!!!

Reaction score
I'd like to see your version on a video bella ;)

You made me laugh. Laugh out loud. :D:DI am always rushing around like a chicken without a head. It would be quite the video. I would find it so funny and sometimes I am quite the chatter box. I'd have to get my son to do the video and he's not very accommodating when it comes to things of that nature.

'Winterybella's Easy Peasy Banana Bread' video.....I can see it now.

Reaction score
beat your son till he hollers OK mom :) use a shoe my mom did lol I just looked at her the last time and then she started crying,saying my baby is grown,i was a little on the old side for the shoe to scare me,especially since the principal at high School would us a huge piece of lumber,now that did scare me

it was 3 licks or a 3 day suspension,I took the paddling,so dad wouldn't get involved and he made it hurt,you could hear the crack of the paddle a long way up the halls,even with his door shut lol

and yes I would love to see 'Winterybella's Easy Peasy Banana Bread' video :)

Reaction score
beat your son till he hollers OK mom :) use a shoe my mom did lol I just looked at her the last time and then she started crying,saying my baby is grown,i was a little on the old side for the shoe to scare me,especially since the principal at high School would us a huge piece of lumber,now that did scare me

it was 3 licks or a 3 day suspension,I took the paddling,so dad wouldn't get involved and he made it hurt,you could hear the crack of the paddle a long way up the halls,even with his door shut lol
and yes I would love to see 'Winterybella's Easy Peasy Banana Bread' video :)

:D:D:D:D:D I might get the beating. His is 24 now. I am going to sure to show him this. I think my dogs have given me shoes that could work well. One is back to eating shoes and encourages the others to join it. Beating with the shredded shoes seems like a good idea. I will let you know how that goes.

So when are you planning on baking a banana bread?

Reaction score
if a beating doesn't work tell him about the day he was born and what a pain it was and then how he was a bundle of joy to you and then ask him to hold the camera :),my mom told me the story on all of my birthdays,I do miss that

well if I don't eat all my bananas first,maybe soon,i only have seven of them ;) they don't last long around me and cereal ,oh and how many do I need ?

but it may be a while,I've just about spent all the money I can on grocery's for a couple of weeks and I need to pick up some more stuff for Turkey Day, that and I will be waiting for you to show me on a video ,I just don't think i can do it with out your video bella :)

Reaction score
My son tells me this person who suggested beating doesn't like me or doesn't know what the repercussions would be. Often he lifts me up to show me his strength:). I'll try the love approach and see how it goes. I only have about 2 1/2 frozen banana but I mostly use three or so. I think sometimes I have been short but these last set were very small.

When I buy bananas we always eat them quickly and they are never allowed to go very ripe which is where the success in baking the bread comes. I get them from my overly ripe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Auntie the sister of my father who lives in USA had gave me her recipe for banana bread which she always love to bake in her entire life for her family and relatives. It is just easy and a simple recipe and it taste yummy like I think in this video. :)

Reaction score
I am in overkill with the banana bread. I made yet another banana bread today. Sorry there is no video yet JustMe4910. I think I need to start making some variations. Anyway, both my son and myself dug in after it was baked but I came home today to find some sweet ants were all over the remainder...:(

Reaction score
just reheat the bread with the ants on it :) and tell your son,no more Banana Bread till it is recorded :)

Reaction score
just reheat the bread with the ants on it :) and tell your son,no more Banana Bread till it is recorded :)

Really? I did just that using my own common sense and no research but now my son wants none. I don't want to have to throw it out. After I reheated it I stuck it in the fridge but I think it's going to be the dogs eating the remainder with me.:( That video will come son or no son. It's just a question of when.

Reaction score
hmmm I wonder what some Pecans and Pineapple chunks would taste like in it ? as you may have noticed,I try to add pineapple chunks to a lot of stuff, I think there will be peach and pineapple chunk cobbler made tonight mmmmmmm it is so very good

Reaction score
well ? should i send batteries ? :)
:D:D:D:D:DBatteries and a camera man. I just had some bananas from my own garden. Who knows what might happen. I was trying to stay away from this thread knowing I have not delivered on my banana video.

Ask a Question