Banana Bread

Reaction score
I have several older bananas in my kitchen and I plan to make banana bread tomorrow. I am going to add nuts and mini chocolate chips to it. I am diabetic so I am using Splenda in place of sugar and plan to put just 1/2 cup of mini chips in it. My recipe makes two loaves. I look forward to that first warm piece of yumminess!

Reaction score
I love banana nut bread and muffins! They are much tastier when made with the ripest of ripe bananas to. There's a difference in taste when not so ripe bananas are used.

I've thought about making strawberry banana bread but not sure how it would turn out.

Reaction score
i made this one, sweetkymom. it was delicious and healthy. i used plain greek yogurt instead if the flavored and subbed coconut sugar.

Reaction score
I have several older bananas in my kitchen and I plan to make banana bread tomorrow. I am going to add nuts and mini chocolate chips to it. I am diabetic so I am using Splenda in place of sugar and plan to put just 1/2 cup of mini chips in it. My recipe makes two loaves. I look forward to that first warm piece of yumminess!
If you're diabetic, be sure to use diabetic chocolate for the chips!

Reaction score
I've heard that coconut palm sugar has a low glycemic index that makes it more suitable to diabetics... compared to regular sugar, but I don't know how that would compare to Splenda.

Dark chocolate has anti-oxidants, and would be great with the banana and the nuts! Dark chocolate chips might even be healthier than dried fruit, which would also go well with nuts in banana bread but I think that most dried fruit just have extra sugar...

Reaction score
MMM banana bread! I look forward to my bananas spoiling so I can make this semi sweet treat. I have never tried using yogurt in mine though. Do you use it as a substitute for something else? How much do you put in the batter?

Reaction score
I've heard that coconut palm sugar has a low glycemic index that makes it more suitable to diabetics... compared to regular sugar, but I don't know how that would compare to Splenda.

Dark chocolate has anti-oxidants, and would be great with the banana and the nuts! Dark chocolate chips might even be healthier than dried fruit, which would also go well with nuts in banana bread but I think that most dried fruit just have extra sugar...
Even if it isn't better for diabetics, I might have to try out the coconut palm sugar trick. Sounds like it might give a nice different taste to the cookies, you know?

Reaction score
I've never really been a fan of banana bread unless it was baked by my cousin. I don't know what she does but no one's banana bread is like hers. If it isn't hers then I really don't eat the bread otherwise.

Reaction score
The first time I actually baked on my own banana bread was what I baked and it turned out perfectly; up to date it's still my favorite thing to bake as I think i'm now a pro at it.

Reaction score
I have never been a fan of banana bread, but from the sounds of what you are going to make sounds fantastic, I never thought to ever make it with mini chocolate chips, that sounds awesome,

Ask a Question