Banana cake variations

Reaction score
I baked a banana cake last week and the whole family finished up the cake in one whole day. I thought it was just a simple banana cake but after taking the first bite, I am addicted to it. Try this recipe which I found online: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8729/easy-banana-cake.aspx

I am thinking of making different kinds of banana cake and make a comparison as to whether they are any better than a simple banana cake.

So, what other variations do you make besides the simple old banana cake?

Reaction score
I like putting pecan nuts in mine, it adds a bit of crunch to the texture! I put them on top too for decoration :)

Reaction score
I love baking Banana Cake. I simply like to dust minds with powdered sugar or elegantly drizzled it with chocolate. I added some walnuts in minds. I love icing my Banana Cake with Bailey's Buttercream cream cheese frosting. I serve it with whipped cream, and fresh berries on the side. This is a great Banana Cake variation!!! :p

Reaction score
I also like adding in nuts. Last time I made one, I added mixed nuts including Brazil nuts. It was literally the best Banana bread I have ever made. I love the above suggestion about having it with chocolate, surprisingly I have not tried that!

Reaction score
I baked a banana cake last week and the whole family finished up the cake in one whole day. I thought it was just a simple banana cake but after taking the first bite, I am addicted to it. Try this recipe which I found online: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8729/easy-banana-cake.aspx

I am thinking of making different kinds of banana cake and make a comparison as to whether they are any better than a simple banana cake.

So, what other variations do you make besides the simple old banana cake?

I saw the website. It seems easy to do. I think I can do it. I love cakes but I don't know how to bake. I tried making cookies, but I used the instant one. All I do is put it in the oven. :) But I'm starting to read and watch online. Hopefully I can make a real one one day. I love banana cake. I will definitely try it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, i've heard of nuts and rum ones before and they sound really nice. I've never baked or tried banana cake, but I guess it'd be really nice.

Reaction score
I love making banana cakes too! Especially, when I have a lot of bananas that ripens to fast. I usually like to frost my banana cakes with butter cream or banana frosting. I think banana frosting taste best. For my sometimes picky kids, I usually make the nuts very fine that they don't even notice it's inside the cake or frosting.

Reaction score
I see a lot of people have already mentioned nuts, and I agree. Pecans are particularly good, in my opinion.

I make a banana loaf that many people especially request. Aside from bananas, there's pecans in it, and roughly chopped dates. Dates and bananas go really well together.

But the secret ingredient is mixed spice. I think in the US the closest equivalent is pumpkin spice for those of you across the Atlantic. Try it sometime. It's delicious.

Reaction score
oh dear, so sorry I did not see this post before posting mine on banana cakes, so sorry!!! now I can get some ideas here....

Ask a Question