Banana Chip Bars

Reaction score
Have you ever been looking desperately for an easy way to make dessert, that doesn't cut into your budget, spares you half the typical baking time, and allows you to indulge in your favorite tastes and flavors, all at the same time?!

Well, if this describes you, then Banana Chip Bars are definitely the way to go for you.

Here are how the ingredients go:

• 3/4 cup of margarine
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2/3 cup of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 2 medium bananas, mashed
  • 2/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 6-ounce package of mini chocolate chips
For the method, you'll need to start by creaming the margarine and sugar until they're light and fluffy. This will take a few minutes.
After this, simply add the egg and the vanilla, beating them in well. Then, stir in the bananas and mash them out at room temperature (you can use soft/over-riped bananas for this, to make this process much easier).
After you've added the bananas, it's time for you to add the flour, baking powder and salt, combining them very well. Then, time for the chocolate chips! Add just enough, not too many, according to how many you want (but you don't want to overpower the entire thing, so keep it modest, lol).
Spread this batter evenly unto a greased pan, and then bake the mixture at 350 degrees, for 25 minutes!

The key with this recipe, is that you can't over-bake these cookies. It's better to over-bake these, than to under-bake them, so you can experiment between the softer and harder/crispier versions, according to your liking.

Serve with milk, and tell me how it goes!

Do you like this recipe? Tell me if you've tried it before, or if you're willing to try it soon!

cookies.jpg

Reaction score
This recipe looks to be easy but I don't have not one thing its asking for besides milk. I wonder if adding walnuts would be good in this ?

Reaction score
It definitely would work! As we know in the "baking and cooking world", ingredients are interchangeable, once the effect is achieved.
In this particular recipe, we're going for a nutty and crunchy flavor and texture, so walnuts would be a great substitute!
I like that you are able to use your visionary eye to see that walnuts would work well. I hope that you really do incorporate it, and get started on it soon, because it's gonna be a hit!
Make sure to let me know how it turns out!
Thanks!

Reaction score
This recipe came up just in time! Right now I've got lots of bananas, so this recipe will help me use them up. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reaction score
This recipe sounds great and I just happen to have a couple of overripe bananas sitting on my counter right now! I know what we are going to be having for dessert tonight.

Reaction score
I am so happy to hear that you both had the resources to be able to make good use of this recipe! I really would love to know how it all turned out for you! Did you love it? Were you able to share it with anyone? If so, what was their feedback like?!
Wow, I am just over-the-moon excited that you guys took on the challenge head-first! This is absolutely great!
I love and appreciate recipes like these myself, because they really do give me an opportunity to make full use of those ingredients around my home that I may have thought have almost "expired" in terms of their capacity to be used and still taste great when used!
My family loves such recipes, and I really do pride myself in being a bit industrious when it comes to finding new ways to make use of the "expired" foods that are "lying around" the kitchen.
Whether it's over-riped bananas, plantains, or even "stale bread", there is, more often than not, some use out there for all of these things. We just need to do a little research and apply the result of our "investigations".
You guys really made my day! All the best and thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this one, I've been looking for some more fruit included recipes, and what could be simpler than smashing up a few bananas? :) Glad I saw this!

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this one, I've been looking for some more fruit included recipes, and what could be simpler than smashing up a few bananas? :) Glad I saw this!

I am so elated that you found it as well JessiFox! Happy to have shared! It's so important that we are able to source easy and fun recipes that really do allow us to make full use of our fruits! This adds that essential element of "health" to our diet, and it makes it more "agreeable" for our family members and friends, who may not be the first ones to go and take up an individual fruit from the fridge or our fruit basket.
It's also important for us to make sure that we can find at least one fruit recipe for our baking practice, because, as we are all able to observe, our little ones in particular always love a good and delicious baked product, because of how great they taste! How wonderful it is that we can put both fun and nutrition into their precious little diets, and know that we are certainly doing our job as parents, so that they can get introduced to loving fruits, in a subtle and effective way!
Continue to keep abreast of the updates that I'll have in terms of new and fun recipes that will really accelerate the vibe within your kitchen and amongst your family.
Thanks so much for your feedback!

Reaction score
This recipe seems very easy to do and i know my children would have a blast making these; i will definitely be sharing this idea with them.

Ask a Question