Banana Nut Bread - Bake Time & Oven Temperature?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently found an recipe book from my late grandmother and I am interested in trying her Banana Nut Bread recipe. Unfortunately, the recipe do not have and bake time or oven temperature listed. Can someone please take a look at the ingredients and help me with fill in missing info? My baking trays are dark coated (I am not sure if that matters).

Also, this single batch fits into one 9 x 5 loaf pan and one 6 x 4 loaf pan. How would I modify the cook time for standard cupcake size “muffins”? How many “muffins” would this recipe make?

I appreciate the help and any advice.

Thank you.

BANANA NUT BREAD
2 cup flour
2 egg
4 large mashed bananas
4 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coffee
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of chopped nuts

Reaction score
Standard recipes usually equal one loaf, one layer, or 6-12 cupcakes/small muffins, possibly 16 if you are stingy with the batter in each cup.

How many you get will depend on how much batter you use per cup in the cupcake/muffin tins.

Standard cooking time for this type of dessert in a loaf pan is usually 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.....depending on how "done" you like your banana bread.

As for the cupcake/muffin sizes......again, it depends on how much batter is used. Usually when the tops are browning and they just start to crack a bit, they are done.

Reaction score
I concur with @ChesterV. I bake a lot of banana and similar breads, and they typically are cooked in a 350 oven for about an hour. Since they're dense and taller than the average cake layer, I keep wooden skewers on hand, since I never seem to be able to find my cake tester when I need it. Just slip a cake tester, knife, or wooden skewer in the center, to test for doneness.

Ask a Question