Beer Bread: What Brew to Use?

Reaction score
When I make bread, it's almost always beer bread. What beers do you use when making your breads?

For me, I use a variety. For cinnamon raisin I use Woodchuck, orange cranberry I use Blue Moon, and for normal and cheddar breads I use Bud Light. As I am still under 21, I'm pretty much limited to the leftover bottles from parties, but fortunately my family drink from a wide variety of beers and ales.

Reaction score
I just used a regular beer. Never thought of trying a flavored beer. I bet the end result was delicious. Beer bread is easy and you do not have to worry about whether you have yeast or not. The beer bread made with a flavored beer probably would be good for French toast.

Reaction score
Any kind of beer should work well for beer bread. You'll get the beer flavor going through it. If you have a favorite brand of beer, you should try that. Beer works well on bread. It tastes good and rises well.

Reaction score
I have never made beer bread personally but I think I'd like to try. Can anyone recommend an easy recipe?
I wonder if some of the cool flavors of beer would work well in a bread, like all the Sam Adams seasonal varieties, or something like a hard cider? It might turn out with a touch of apple and spice, which would be a yummy twist!

Reaction score
The recipe I use is this one from Allrecipes. If you want things like cranberries, nuts, or cheese I'd recommend about 3.4 to a full cup. Hope this helps!

Ask a Question