Best cake flour

Reaction score
What kind of flour do you use for making cakes? I normally use all purpose flour, but recently learned of special cake flour that is supposed to make your cakes the same texture as the ones you buy in the bakery. I want to try it, but do not want to waste money if this is not true.

Reaction score
I just use self raising or plain flour. I think that equates to self rising or all purpose flour. I don't bother with cake mixes, and have never heard of cake flour but then we have different options over here.

I have just made a loaf of bread with strong white flour, something I rarely if ever actually do. Usually I just use self raising flour if I am making white bread (again something I very rarely if ever do, normally it is wholemeal flour).

Reaction score
If I'm going to make cakes or (when I made biscuits or pretzels) I use Presto flour. It's easy because it allows you to omit the salt and baking powder. It rises great and tastes awesome.

Reaction score
I use all purpose flour, but I am willing to try the self rising one, because I really like the idea of experimenting with the flour and see if I get different results with it :)

Reaction score
For my baking needs especially when it comes to cakes or even pastries I always use an All Purpose Flour.

Ask a Question