Best Donuts in America

Reaction score
http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-donuts-in-america-best-donut-shops-in-america

I've been on a big old donut kick lately - yes, not the smartest kick one could be on (why do I never get on a lettuce kick?!)

How good do these look? I have to apologize, the pictures on the website are pretty large so depending on your internet connection they may load a little slow!

What is your favorite type of donut? For some reason I'm still a little kid and like anything that's frosted with sprinkles, really!

Reaction score
Can't blame ya, I enjoy gourmet donuts from time to time, as well as just the average ones, lol. Loved the one with pistaccios on it, as well as the bacon one! Gosh, bacon is with no doubt my sinful pleasure!!!! The idea of a salty caramel donut makes me drool!!!!!! Gosh, your thread made me want to go get a donut :confused::eek::oops::D

Reaction score
I kind of hate you guys right now. That is a terrible thing to do to someone, posting those pics! ;)

I'm a big fan of donuts, but I really don't need them. At all. So, now I"m going to have to go bake something that isn't *quite* as unhealthy. When it's hot. I have to turn on the oven.

Reaction score
Can't blame ya, I enjoy gourmet donuts from time to time, as well as just the average ones, lol. Loved the one with pistaccios on it, as well as the bacon one! Gosh, bacon is with no doubt my sinful pleasure!!!! The idea of a salty caramel donut makes me drool!!!!!! Gosh, your thread made me want to go get a donut :confused::eek::oops::D

I hear you - either gourmet or just standard donuts are fine by me...I will never say no to either! And yes, bacon is such a fabulous addition -- that whole sweet and savory thing is something I really enjoy!

Reaction score
Just so you know, I did went and got myself a donut, lol. A standard one :p It was really good, didn't care about the diet, buuuuuuu! But on a different note, nope, didn't bake brownies this weekend, kudos to me :D

Reaction score
My favorite has always been the Bismarck. I just love the custard filling so much. I am a little picky about doughnuts though. Grocery store doughnuts are usually frozen and dropped into the fryer frozen. This makes them too greasy because of the temperature shock cooling off the oil. I much prefer them from a doughnut shop that makes them fresh every day.

Reaction score
Donuts are a staple here, along with Coffee (BLACK ugh) and others for most of the older folks, I'd have to say I've eaten more than my fair share of them. Sadly, we do not have a bakery and I fail at donuts ( can never get them just right ) so I buy premade ones. ( I know, shame on me!) lol.

My favorite have to be the basic normal donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Been that way since a young lad.

Second favorite, for richness, has to be chocolate eclaires - so rich, my teeth and mouth hurt just looking at them (how I know they taste good! LOL).

The best ones prebought IMHO are Crispy Kreme and Dunk'n Donuts brand names, then the fast-food of donuts (the cheap 1 dollar boxes) under that. If I had a local bakery who did them I'd be as a broke as a cop buying donuts for the entire precinct!

Ask a Question