Best gelatine brand

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Im just trying out new french pastries which requires gelatine. So could you guys suggest me some good brands avaliable at India

Reaction score
I think that is something you would have to research on your own, online. I wouldn't have any idea what is available in India.

Reaction score
I have a similar question - I've been unable to find gelatine here (Mexico), but there are lots of flavoured jelly mixes.

Has anyone tried using those for recipes with gelatine? I was hoping to try a mirror glaze cake but I'm not too sure how the flavour would affect the recipe.

Reaction score
I have a similar question - I've been unable to find gelatine here (Mexico), but there are lots of flavoured jelly mixes.

Has anyone tried using those for recipes with gelatine? I was hoping to try a mirror glaze cake but I'm not too sure how the flavour would affect the recipe.

Can you get pure pectin or agar agar? Vegan versions of mirror glaze use agar. Gretchen’s Bakery website has a recipe using agar. I don’t remember where I saw the recipe for a pectin version though.

Gelatin desserts are very popular in Mexico. I’m surprised plain gelatin is readily available there.

Reaction score
I'm going to try those, thanks for the tips!

I'm also shocked I can't find it anywhere... all of the supermarkets here are huge but the stock is so limited :( Gonna keep trying though

Reaction score
What city are you in? I'm trying to see if I can find a food blogger from different places in Mexico; maybe they'll know of a source. Since you're from the UK, you may be used to gelatine sheets, whereas in the US, and possibly Mexico, the powdered gelatin is more widely available. Knox is the major brand in the US. knox.JPG I found a site called MexGrocer (though located in California and shipping Mexican items to the US market) which lists one called D'Gari. dgari.JPG It may or may not be right next to the flavored gelatin mixes. It could be with the baking supplies, I suppose.

Reaction score
This thread reminded me to go find some, and I did! I managed to find a baking wholesaler who has the powder :)

Ask a Question