Best sick remedy?

Reaction score
I am really not feeling well at the moment and my throat feels like it is on fire. Although a chocolate chip cookie sounds good right now, I don't think it will make me feel any better. What are your best remedies for sickness?

Reaction score
Ugh. A sore throat is no fun. I experienced the same fire throat last week and I was craving chocolate, too. I had never craved chocolate when sick. Weird.
I rely on the old standby: tea with honey. I like chamomile or peppermint when I'm under the weather. My father-in-law insists on a salt water gargle (I gag through it).
Feel better!

Reaction score
I am not sure how good chocolate is to cure a sore though , but herbal tea with lemon and honey is very soothing. Add a cough drop while your tea is still hot for some extra relief.

Reaction score
I am feeling a little better today. My husband kept the hot tea coming to me last night and i must have drank like a gallon of liquid. I also slept most of the day so iI am now well rested.

Reaction score
I am feeling a little better today. My husband kept the hot tea coming to me last night and i must have drank like a gallon of liquid. I also slept most of the day so iI am now well rested.
You're lucky to have a nice husband that looks after you. My ex was kind of a big baby about illness, so I never got that kind of nurturing.

Reaction score
It was pretty sweet. He can be the mans man type a lot of the time and is not one who is big on romantic gestures, but he is good at taking care of us when we are sick. He even stayed home from work so I would not have to run the kids around yesterday with the flu.

Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better! Chocolate isn't the remedy we tend to wish it was ;). Honey does the trick, even better in some hot tea or cocoa where you can get the steam helping out a bit as well. ACSAPA had a lovely idea too, sounds great =).

Reaction score
I feel as though I am amongst the living again and have managed to get a lot of work done in the process. I feel like I am a human tea factory though with as much as I drank in the last few days. The good news is that my flu had a short lived lifespan and has transitioned more into a cold now. The bad part is that I have to replenish my tea, tissue, and medicene supply now! Come on payday!

Reaction score
There's this tea on the market called throat coat and it works REALLY well. I didn't discover this until last year when my friend told me about it.

Drink that, plenty of water, stay away from dairy (apparently dairy makes sore throat worse). Hope you feel better soon!

Reaction score
I forgot about throat coat! I used it a few years ago and thought it worked well. I wonder why milk would make your throat feel worse, I thought it would make it better since it is creamy.

Reaction score
I'm glad that you're feeling better. I always take Echinacea tincture whenever I feels something coming on. It works best if you drink like a hot tea, but the tincture can be added to any drink even juice.

Reaction score
I am really not feeling well at the moment and my throat feels like it is on fire. Although a chocolate chip cookie sounds good right now, I don't think it will make me feel any better. What are your best remedies for sickness?

Whenever I feel that way I just pour some real honey (virgin) in a cup and add some lemon juice to it, enough to make it taste a bit acid, but not too much to make it really liquid. I eat that with a spoon.

Reaction score
So sorry you not feeling well. :( I have a few things I use to help get through those awful times when really nothing appeals to you. First, ginger ale. My mom used to give it to us as kids and it always made us feel better. Calmed an upset stomach and was a taste you could actually tolerate.

Second, saltine crackers. Again, another one of my mom's tricks when we were little. It always made us feel better especially if you hadn't eaten in a while but really needed something on your stomach because you needed to take medicine.

I hope this helps and I hope your feeling better!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
For sore throat remedies drinking fresh ginger tea can help. Gargle with lukewarm water with salt can also help to ease the pain. When I had a sore throat I am doing these and somehow I feel better.

Ask a Question