Best springform pan?

Reaction score
Hi!
I am new to baking and want to try baking a cheesecake. What is the best springform pan that does not leak?

Reaction score
Hi!
I am new to baking and want to try baking a cheesecake. What is the best springform pan that does not leak?

Springform is a single purpose pan, so not an essential piece of equipment. I rarely use mine. So I wouldn’t invest in anything expensive. Just get a NordicWare. When you prepare the crust, build it up properly on the bottom to cover the seam and it shouldn’t leak. The type of metal these pans are made of just doesn’t make them usable for butter or whipped batter cakes.

Reaction score
I agree with everything said by Norcalbaker59, but being of skeptical stock, I always place the springform pan on a jelly roll pan or something with low walls. Then, if the pan should leak, at least you won't have to clean the oven. I do use springform pans often, have them in all sizes and often make several small savory cheesecakes to put in the freezer for future dinners.

Ask a Question