Best sugar cookie icing from scratch

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my recipe for the best sugar cookie icing from scratch.

It's very simple, you'll need...

• 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk or substitute
  • 2 teaspoons light corn syrup, or simple syrup, or honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • assorted food coloring
  1. In a bowl, blend sugar and milk together until smooth
  2. Add in corn syrup and extract until smooth and glossy
  3. Divide into separate bowls and use food coloring to achieve desired color
  4. Dip or paint cookies
Hint: if the icing is too thick, add more corn syrup, to thin, add more sugar.

This ended up giving my Christmas sugar cookies a really professional look and if my image uploader were working, I would share a photo.

Reaction score
This is a simple icing for sugar cookies. 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons almond milk, 1 teaspoon stevia or sugar and a few drops of food coloring. Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Then add almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend the ingredients together well. Add a few drops of food coloring. This is a simple icing for a delicious sugar cookie.

Reaction score
I don't have an icing recipe to share. However, both these recipes sound delicious. They both seem easy to make, as well. I may try to make both recipes. I'll have to make more than one batch of cookies. But I don't mind doing that at all.

Reaction score
The one that my mother makes is very similar to the recipes that you've shared but different as well. Hers is simply powdered sugar with a touch of vanilla and mixed with milk to get the desired consistency.

Ask a Question