Big Dreams For This OneManDough

Reaction score
Born and bread in Minnesota. I've always loved baking from a young age. My grandma owned her own acafé in a small town where she served cafe style foods and all of her from scratch baked goods. I loved getting to go there and see her at work in the kitchen and steal and couple york peppermint patties while she was busy.

As I grew up I told myself I told myself I would make food for a living. Bouncing between main dishes and baking. But as highschool drew to an end, my classmates and I were thrown into this big, open, and scary world. I quickly feel into work for a group home company that could care less about my aspirations. Fast forward 2 years and I'm still doing the same thing and slowly starting to lose my mind. So like any sane person would do, I reach out for my old hobby. It has all been up hill since.

I've hosted 2 bake sale fundraisers myself and contributed to multiple other bake sales since reigniting my love for this ancient craft. I have just recently applied as a Part-Time Baker at my local Caribou & Einstein Bros Bagels, and got the job! It may not be a full service bakery, but it will provide me with commercial experience and get me away from the ball and chain I've called a job for the last 2 years.

My dream is to own my own sit down café themed bakery named Lori's Café (or just "Lori's", currently undecided. Named for my grandmother).

Ask a Question