Big Soft Ginger Cookies

Reaction score
Although it's Fall, the weather's still pretty hot this week. I'm excited that it's supposed to cool down this coming week, though, and I'm planning to bake up at least one batch of these Big Soft Ginger Cookies. I have made them in the past, and know they're delicious, and I usually have these ingredients on hand, although I'm not sure I have enough here to make a double batch, so I might have to go shopping tomorrow.

Reaction score
I love ginger flavored cookies, and I actually just finished off a bag of some little ones that I get here that are delicious. I also like how ginger is good for the stomach, so they are nice to have around when you need to settle your stomach a little bit.

Reaction score
I love anything with ginger although I have not had something like a ginger ice cream yet. I pinned this for future reference. I would really like to try this some time in the future.

Reaction score
I'm not fond of ginger cookie although I eat it. But the people in the loves anything that is cookie and ginger cookie is welcome to them. However, we don't bake cookies for the simple reason that we are not real bakers. We know that baking cookies has some tricks and we probably need a tutor for that. I have replied to this thread on the thought that we have lots of ginger plants in the yard and maybe we can make lots of ginger cookies with that.

Reaction score
I love anything with ginger although I have not had something like a ginger ice cream yet. I pinned this for future reference. I would really like to try this some time in the future.

I have come across recipes for ginger ice cream (or sorbet) in the past, but at the time, i wasn't as much of a ginger fan as I am now. That's something I might want to give a try, although I might wait for that until next year. I do have an ice cream maker, so it would be easy enough to do.

@Corzhens Having fresh ingredients is always nice when cooking or baking. Cookies are one of the easier items to bake, in my opinion. I've only messed up a batch or two, mainly because I wasn't paying attention and melted the butter instead of just softening it, or using it cold. I would love to have fresh ginger. When I have it here, I tend to use it in my hot tea with lemon and honey, and it works wonders for a chest cold.

Reaction score
You have an ice cream maker @Diane Lane? That's great. I have wondered in the last year or so if it's something I should consider but I don't have it on my list of priorities as I believe it might be just another thing I used for a bit and then push away. I am not sure I agree with the cookies being so easy to make. My experiences have mostly failed or not be the perfect texture lol.....Maybe it's me? Scones are now my easiest thing to bake.

Reaction score
You have an ice cream maker @Diane Lane? That's great. I have wondered in the last year or so if it's something I should consider but I don't have it on my list of priorities as I believe it might be just another thing I used for a bit and then push away. I am not sure I agree with the cookies being so easy to make. My experiences have mostly failed or not be the perfect texture lol.....Maybe it's me? Scones are now my easiest thing to bake.

That's funny, because I've heard others say scones are more difficult and cookies easier, but maybe that's because our scones here in the U.S. tend to be different than what you make. Many here start off with baking cookies when they're children, then graduate to more difficult things. I have never tried making cookies other than from a U.S. recipe, though, so perhaps those differ as well?

I don't use my ice cream maker that often, but if I had others living here, maybe I would. I have made it in the past without using an ice cream maker, as well, so you could do that and see how often you make it and how much the family enjoys it before investing in an actual machine, although they're not that expensive these days.

Reaction score
@Diane Lane, I think I had a bad experience with my last cookies and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It's really no one's fault but my cookies ended up like buns or muffins.:) I read the recipe wrong. It happened twice or so. The scones I make always come out right- at least in my opinion and maybe I like making them because I like them period.

Reaction score
I love everything related to ginger, for real, it gives food a special taste which I love a lot.

Ask a Question