Birthday cake for my daughter

Reaction score
My daughter is turning 13 in two weeks and I want to make her a special cake. I have stopped buying them at the bakery and have started making them myself...more special in my opinion.

Right now I am on a quest for the perfect recipe as I don't want to make a boring chocolate or vanilla cake. Any recipes you could throw my way? She loves just about all flavors and is not a picky eater.

Reaction score
I wish you the best with this! I know how difficult it is to find the "perfect" recipe. I would suggest using just a general sponge and decorate the cake to what she enjoys :) The decorating of the cake is what will make it extra special in my personal opinion. :)

Reaction score
I think I am going to make her a white cake with a raspberry buttercream frosting. I will then be attempting to do a One Direction themed decoration on top, as this is her favorite band. I have no clue how I will pull it off though lol!

Reaction score
There will be plenty of design ideas on the internet, Tina :) I would suggest using black rolled icing and using their logo as a cake topper if you want simple yet effective :)

1D-logo.png

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much Alex- this is the perfect toppe for the cake!! It is simple and yet nice, and my daughter will love it...best yet, I think I could get this on the cake top with no problem!!

Ask a Question