Biscotti

Discussion in 'Disaster Help' started by Macaronist, May 23, 2015.

1. Macaronist

Macaronist New Member

Hello everyone!
    I am an extremely novice baker...I have made biscotti about 3 times before. My friend's favorite cookie is biscotti, so I am trying to find a recipe that works. I found a recipe in which the flavor was spot on, but was a little bit too crunchy. The recipe that I used was extra crunchy on purpose as it was meant for dunking in coffee.. I am wondering, before I bake another 10$ worth of nuts, what is the best way to make the cookie more "no coffee" friendly? Would the best way be to just shorten the baking time, or should I add a bit more egg/butter? Thank you very much!

Macaronist, May 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Macaronist

DancingLady Well-Known Member

For coffee, you will want the biscotti to be very dry so it can absorb the liquid. When I made it, it was baked, then sliced, then the slices were laid on their side and the sheet returned to the oven briefly to dry it out.

DancingLady, May 29, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Macaronist

ChesterV Well-Known Member

If you want your biscotti more edible without dunking, you want to add more oil based product.

If you are using butter, then use more butter.

Oil in batter will keep the batter from drying out too much. This is why cakes are "moist", its how much oil based product is put into the batter. The more oil based product, the "moister" it will be after baking.

ChesterV, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Macaronist

Robin New Member

Hello hun...I have a fav. chef/cook you might like google-Laura in the kitchen! I just love her.
    Biscotti is suppose to be a crunchier cookie,its a dunking cookie for coffee or tea.

Robin, Dec 16, 2016
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question