Biscuit cake

Reaction score
What you'll need:
  • square or rectangular biscuits (about 800g)
  • sour cream (about 500g)
  • coffee
For the glaze:
  • 3 tbsp of milk
  • about 2 tbsp of cocoa
  • 1 glass of sugar (about 2 dl)
  • about 150g of butter

1. Make half a bowl of coffee.
  2. Get you tray ready and see how many biscuits will make one layer. Once you've figured it out, soak your biscuit in coffee and then place it back on the tray.
  3. Once you've finished soaking up the first layer of biscuits, add a layer of sour cream on top of it. Don't put too much, otherwise it will spill out when you put the next layer of biscuits on.
  4. Put on the next layer of biscuits.
  5. Repeat the process until you're out of cookies.
  6. Time to make the glaze. Melt the butter, and add sugar, cocoa and milk.
  7. Stir it and let it boil for a while (about 5 minutes).
  8. Cool the glaze down a bit, until it's not as liquid anymore, but not solid as well.
  9. Pour the glaze on the cake. Make sure there's an even layer of glaze on the cake.
  10. Put the cake somewhere cool overnight.
  11. Enjoy!

This biscuit cake is really customizable:
  • You can use juice instead of coffee.
  • You can replace sour cream with mixture of curd and sour cream.
  • You can use sour cream, or whipped cream instead of the glaze and decorate it with fresh berries.

DSC09348.JPG

Reaction score
Wow. This looks amazing! Recently I was saying I'd like to try making some biscuits. Never have I heard of a biscuit cake until now. I don't think my favourite biscuits would work though. They are quite bland. What type of biscuit would you use with this recipe I wonder?

Fae

Reaction score
I was quite confused how packaged biscuits (thinking of the kind that come refrigerated in a foil-lined cardboard tube) could possibly become a tasty coffee cake, especially when I saw no baking step mentioned. Once I realized it was "cookies" the recipe made a lot more sense. It's a bit like making tiramisu with whatever crunchy pastry, liquid, and thick dairy product you have on hand. It definitely sounds like there'd be a lot of possibilities.

Winterybella: since the biscuits are being soaked in your liquid of choice, this actually is a great way to hide your otherwise bland biscuits in something.

Reaction score
Wow. This looks amazing! Recently I was saying I'd like to try making some biscuits. Never have I heard of a biscuit cake until now. I don't think my favourite biscuits would work though. They are quite bland. What type of biscuit would you use with this recipe I wonder?
selga_web280x191.png

Well, I usually use these ones, but I'm quite sure they are only sold in the Baltic States. Any biscuit that is similar will do. These kind of biscuits soak up the liquid really fast, so dip it in the liquid for like 3-5 seconds only. Otherwise it will fall apart. (But it still tastes good)

Reaction score
Gee, that biscuit cake in the picture sure looks yummy. I remember making refrigerator cake when I was still in school. That was the craze during that time and I've tried my hand. But it's plain peanut butter and some other ingredients. I have never tried chocolate because there was no liquid chocolate yet at that time. But now it looks like the youngsters are not doing that cake anymore because it can be bought in bake shops. Yeah, most bakeshops have those non-bake cakes.

Reaction score
selga_web280x191.png

Well, I usually use these ones, but I'm quite sure they are only sold in the Baltic States. Any biscuit that is similar will do. These kinds of biscuits soak up the liquid really fast, so dip it in the liquid for like 3-5 seconds only. Otherwise it will fall apart. (But it still tastes good)
The finished product looks amazing. Because I am not very skilled in the baking department I think I would make a mess but it definitely looks good. I see a lot of biscuits in the $3 that could probably work. Deciding on the right type biscuit might be my first hurdle if I ever considered something like this.

Ask a Question