Black Beer Bread

Reaction score
Hello!

Being a big Game of Thrones fan, my friends and I had a feast a few weeks ago using foods from the books. One of the recipes we used was this one: http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/2011/11/04/black-bread-redux/

When we made it, it came out much too salty even though we used the recommended amount. In case it matters, we used Guinness as our stout. Has anyone cooked something similar that can share some insight?

Reaction score
Two teaspoons sounds like a lot, I think you could easily half that.

That blog looks brilliant - off to have a read now! I'm thinking I might have to do a special meal for the first episode of the new season!

Reaction score
I have never personally made bread with beer in it; but the chef at my old job used to make all kinds of amazing things. He did in fact make a rye bread with ale in it one time; to accompany a cheddar and ale soup. I am very much into craft beer, so I would love to begin incorporating those flavours into my loaves.

Ask a Question