Black & Decker b2300 bread machine cycle times?

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Black and Decker B2300 bread machine stops kneading on the Basic setting (No. 1) and goes into the baking portion of the cycle? There is no timeline for each cycle in the manual. I want to remove the kneading paddles and when necessary reshape the dough just before the bread starts baking. I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I don't think that you are able to stop the cycle to remove the paddle on that bread machine. The manual states

Important: Do not press Stop when checking the progress

of the bread; it will cancel the program. Once a cycle
is canceled, you will have to start over again.

Its located on page 4 where it shows the control panel buttons. I did not see any mention of a pause for the cycle. Some bread machines such as a cuisart bread machine does include a Pause built into the button to safely remove the paddle but it does not look like the Black and decker has one like that. Probably explains why there is no cycle time mentioned to remove the paddle.

Reaction score
I don't think that you are able to stop the cycle to remove the paddle on that bread machine. The manual states

Important: Do not press Stop when checking the progress

of the bread; it will cancel the program. Once a cycle
is canceled, you will have to start over again.

Its located on page 4 where it shows the control panel buttons. I did not see any mention of a pause for the cycle. Some bread machines such as a cuisart bread machine does include a Pause built into the button to safely remove the paddle but it does not look like the Black and decker has one like that. Probably explains why there is no cycle time mentioned to remove the paddle.

You can open the bread maker without pressing stop and then remove the paddles without interrupting the cycle. Black and Decker told me the Basic setting time is 3 hours 20 minutes, and the last hour is in baking mode. So I'm going to wait until 2 hours and 20 minutes, which would be the end of the last rise, and then pull out the paddles and let it bake until done.

Reaction score
Must be tricky, even basing the time on dough size...please be careful when doing so..so as to not injure you nor the machine.. sorry I wasn't much help.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Black and Decker B2300 bread machine stops kneading on the Basic setting (No. 1) and goes into the baking portion of the cycle? There is no timeline for each cycle in the manual. I want to remove the kneading paddles and when necessary reshape the dough just before the bread starts baking. I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. Thanks in advance.
I remove the paddles at 1:43. Just before it starts to rise before baking.

Reaction score
When you remove the paddles, the dough has finished the 2nd rise(??); when I tried to remove the paddles the Nicole risen dough ‘flattened’—maybe I removed the paddles too late....??

Reaction score
I remove them before the second rise. Timer is at 1:43. Right after the "punch down"
Also gives you a chance to shape the loaf for a nicer top before it rises before baking.

Ask a Question