Black Raspberry Pound Cake

Reaction score
Here's another recipe I'm salivating over and planning to make when it's cool enough, only substituting blackberries (are they the same thing? Close enough) from my garden:

SOdU6d3.jpg

Recipe adapted from My Madison Bistro
  • ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 1 ¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 ounces black raspberries*
  • 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ cup plain unsweetened yogurt + ½ tsp baking soda
Line regular 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure to completely cover the sides of the pan.
Mix together black raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor or blender. Pulse a couple seconds until raspberries break down. Set aside.
Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Cream together butter & sugar until fluffy (about 3-5 minutes), add eggs and vanilla until just blended.
With mixer on low, alternate adding the flour mixture and the yogurt, starting and ending with the flour. Do not overmix.
Spread about half the batter in the loaf pan. Add about ½ cup raspberry puree. Add in the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the puree. Use a knife to swirl the mixture together.
Bake at 350 for about one hour or until done. Cool in pan for 30 minutes then remove and cool completely.
*I used frozen and it made a ton of the puree. If you're not as huge of a raspberry fan as I am, you could probably cut out about a third of the raspberries used.

Reaction score
This recipe looks amazing. I will definitely try this one out. I'm wondering if I can substitute out the black raspberries for blueberries or some other berry. My husband is not a big fan of raspberries in general. I'll have to play around with it. Thanks for sharing this delicious looking recipe. Everyone loves pound cake. :)

Reaction score
This really looks good and I can already see myself sitting down to my morning coffee with a slice or two. I think substitutions of different fruits or a mixture would be good too. Can't wait to give this a try but like you, I will have to wait until it gets a bit cooler:)

Reaction score
That looks delicious! I love how the berries create that marbled effect. You could make it year-round but use different berries accoring to the season! I've never made a pound cake before but I might give that one ago - I imagine the fruit must make it so moist and yummy.

Reaction score
That does look so very good. I have made a regular white cake and used blackberries in it. Turned out delicious.

Reaction score
Here's another recipe I'm salivating over and planning to make when it's cool enough, only substituting blackberries (are they the same thing? Close enough) from my garden:

SOdU6d3.jpg

• 2 large eggs
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
Line regular 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure to completely cover the sides of the pan.
Mix together black raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor or blender. Pulse a couple seconds until raspberries break down. Set aside.
Cream together butter & sugar until fluffy (about 3-5 minutes), add eggs and vanilla until just blended.
With mixer on low, alternate adding the flour mixture and the yogurt, starting and ending with the flour. Do not overmix.
Spread about half the batter in the loaf pan. Add about ½ cup raspberry puree. Add in the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the puree. Use a knife to swirl the mixture together.
Bake at 350 for about one hour or until done. Cool in pan for 30 minutes then remove and cool completely.
*I used frozen and it made a ton of the puree. If you're not as huge of a raspberry fan as I am, you could probably cut out about a third of the raspberries used.
Soliloquy that Rasberry Pound Cake looks pretty amazing. I am a huge fan of Rasberries, but I have never made a Rasberry Pound cake before. I made a Blueberry Pound Cake and it was absolutely delicious. I added powdered sugar and sprinkle it on top. :p

Reaction score

SOdU6d3.jpg

• 2 large eggs
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
I know this has to be absolutely AWESOME. Pound cake and blackberries!!! I will be trying this recipe, soon. I'm also thinking of doing a couple of other variations- blueberries and raspberries- two other favorites of mine.

Reaction score
That looks and sounds incredible! I think blackberries would turn out just as well with it =). Or triple berry, even, depending on your preference.

Reaction score
This cake looks delicious!! I wish I would have seen this recipe back when I had 7 gallons of freshly picked blackberries to use and/or get rid of. I may have to try this out and see if it tastes as good as it looks.

Reaction score
Wow this looks amazing. I love pond cake I have never tried this kind. I actually have never had or made any pound cake that had fruit in it.

Ask a Question