blackberry cobbler

Reaction score
I first learned of this recipe from my Grandmother, and it was probably 40 years later found out that it comes from White Lilly flour. Mix one cup of White Lily flour, one cup sugar, one cup milk, 1/2 stick butter, pour in bottom of loaf pan, add 2 cups of blackberries on top, You may lightly mash berries and add some dark brown sugar. Bake in preheated 37 5 degree oven 30 to 45 minutes, until brown on top.

Reaction score
Sounds really good! I've never heard of white Lilly flour though. I wonder if it is specific to your area of the US?
I'm guessing you could use any flour? Or do you know? :)
Thanks for sharing that!

Reaction score
It originally came from Knoxville, TN and I can but it in most grocery stores in Florida. It is a very soft flour and makes great biscuits and cakes.I believe they do also make some flour that works good for bread. Smuckers bought the business and moved production to Oho and now produces an inferior version of the flour, but it's still pretty good. I suppose we could make Yankee foods in Alabama.

Ask a Question