Boiled fruit cupcakes

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was given a recipe for boiled fruit cupcakes. My cake has turned out quite dry and dull looking. Is there any way I can achieve a sticky and glazed finish?

Thanks,
Marie

Welcome to the forum Marie.
Could you please post the recipe? Not seeing the recipe it’s impossible to help you troubleshoot. A dry cupcake could be caused by a number of things: too much flour, too little fat, too little sugar, too high a baking temperature, too long or baking time. Even the type of tin used will effect the bake. A coated non stick ton or a dark colored metal tin transfer heat far more intensely than natural uncoated aluminum tin; if using such a tin you need to reduce the temperature by 15° – 25°.

But seeing the recipe will help to figure out the most likely cause.

You can certainly make a simple syrup to infuse into the cupcakes. But such addresses the symptom not the cause of the dry cupcakes.

Simple syrup is equal parts by weight of liquid and sugar. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so liquid is just under a boil. Continue cooking until all sugar is dissolved, about 2 - 3 minutes. Cool completely before using.

For mini Bundt cakes and cupcakes I apply simple syrup while the cakes/cupcakes are still warm from baking. Then rest overnight, then apply a second application.

For layer cakes I apply it when I torte and fill the layers.

Brushing simple syrup on the cooled cupcakes will definitely give it that shiny glazed look.

For the liquid you could use either juice or water. I like 50-50 water and juice. Store in an air tight container for two weeks.

Simple syrup is excellent for sweetening iced teas, homemade juice and seltzer drinks, and cocktails. Since the sugar is already dissolved it mixes easily into drinks.

Reaction score
@Marie Murphy is there are reason you have deleted the text of your post? If you're having any problems with the forum please let me know.

Ask a Question