Box Mixes For Breadmaker

Reaction score
Anyone try the box kits for the breadmaker. I believe krusteaz has a line thats pretty good. The kits come with all the dry ingredients, and a yeast packet. Sometimes for me these work out better than me following a recipe, and you still get the greatness of homemade bread.

Reaction score
I haven't tried any of the box mixes for a long time, so they may be a lot better now, but when I first got my bread machine, and thought I should learn to use it with the box mixes first, and then try the recipe book, I was about to throw out the bread machine. Those box mixes were just awful !
Eventually, I decided that following one of the recipes on the bread machine book, simply could not turn out any worse than the box mix, so I tried a recipe, and it was delicious !
After that, I never used the box mixes again, and had fun experimenting with the recipes on the book.

Reaction score
I have a bread machine but prefer to do it the old fashioned way too. The box mixes have flour that may have been sitting for months. I like to grind my own flour and put the leftover in the freezer. You would be amazed at the difference fresh ground flour makes in any recipe.

Ask a Question