Brand of icing tips?

Reaction score
My mom was always the one who did all the cakes in our family and so I didn't really do much of the decorating side. Now, though, I'm thousands of miles away and am finding that I really should start making some of my own cakes. Or rather, decorating them myself.

I know my mom always bought Wilton products, but is there really a difference in quality for the brands of tips? It seems like they are all just a basic metal, so are cheap ones really that bad?

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Wiltons baking supplies. They are easy to find ,high quality ,and, perform well. I have never had any problems with Wiltons products breaking or rusting. It is always good to stick with the same brand when building a set of tools ,not matter who you choose to go with. That way you know that they are compatible with one anther.

Reaction score
I would also say Wilton is your best bet. They can be purchased cheap at craft stores and will last you a long time. I have had mine for about 10 years and they still look new. If you are going to invest the time to decorate your cakes you don't want to use an off brand.

Reaction score
I never really tried other products as Wilton is my favorite. As soon as the word baking cake comes to my mind, all I could think of is Wilton products. However, I think other brands won't be that bad. Not the cheap ones I mean, but you may find some good quality products too.

Ask a Question