Using a Bread Proofer for Perfect Bread and Pizza Crusts

Reaction score
I was watching a cooking show yesterday, and the owner was showing how they make bread and how they place it in a proofer once it's done mixing and kneading. The first thought that popped into my mind was if they make these things for the home as well. Sure enough, they do!

Does anyone have one of these? This is one of the biggest problems I have when trying to make breads and pizza crusts at home - they take forever to rise, if they even rise at all. Granted I usually keep my place very cold (the air is on full blast in the summer, and I rarely have the heat on in the winter) so that likely has something to do with it. But I've tried just putting it in my oven, which didn't seem to do much either. I'm wondering how good these things work, if at all.

Reaction score
Rising is probably one of the things about baking that take a while. I would rather wait for the dough to rise then spend hundreds of dollars on a machine.

Reaction score
I have the same problem rising mainly pizza crusts, but certainly I found excessive buy one of those bread proofers that are certainly out of my budget.

Ask a Question