Breakfast cookies

Reaction score
Have any of you ever tried making breakfast cookies before. There are some good ones that are made at the bakery near where I live, but they are expensive and I would like to learn how to bake them on my own. The ones I have tried have an oatmeal and flour base. Do any of you have a good recipe?

Reaction score
I used to make these, but I made cookie bars instead of individual drop cookies. The kids called them homemade granola bars. I just adapted an old favorite oatmeal cookie recipe to make them healthier.

Reaction score
Actually I have never experience eating cookies for my breakfast. Maybe if I will be given a choice I will choose cookies like oatmeal raisin cookies which is my favorite kind of cookies. Like what they had said it is a healthy kind of cookies and will give you the energy to start your day.

Reaction score
That looks like a great recipe and I am going to give it a try. I love the fact that you can add things like nuts, dried cherries or other berries, and just about anything you want to pump up the nutritional value even more.

Reaction score
Yes, we make them! We use a very simple healthy recipe. I use 1 cup oats, 2 tbsp honey, 1 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup small diced fruit (strawberries, dried cranberries, raisins, blueberries, etc)... You just mix everything together, and form into bite sized balls, and store in the fridge. They are great for our crazy mornings!

Reaction score
Just in general I have always thought that this just makes sense. I always buy these little chocolate chip cookies, and I cannot help but notice that I eat them in the morning a lot, and if you got rid of a little big of the sugar and the chocolate chips, they would really be a great morning snack. I have never tried a breakfast cookie, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Ask a Question