Breakfast cookies

Reaction score
Yes. You read the title correctly, and no, I don't mean your ultra-gooey chocolate chip cookies for breakfast...though, come to think of it, it's not a bad idea.

What I mean are healthy breakfast-in-a-cookie type recipes, such as this one for Blueberry yogurt cookies.

Reaction score
WOW do those ever look good!! I know one thing, I'm going to get pudgy if I keep making all the yummy things I find on this forum!!! LOL Thanks for sharing! Have you made these? Do they have the consistency of a muffin or a cookie? The picture kind of looks muffin-y. I saw that they call for "Swedish pearl sugar" - I've never heard of that. Do you know what it is? Or can you just substitute regular sugar?
Yum - cookies for breakfast!!! LOL that would be one way to get the kids to be hungry in the morning - well, at least my daughter!!

Reaction score
Those blueberry yogurt cookies look delicious. About the only "breakfast cookies" I've had were tea cookies and they weren't exactly health food. I'd imagine some recipes involving oatmeal and fruit would be both tasty and nutritious. :)

Reaction score
I can't see the cookies! I am going to cry because they sound delicious! What a great idea introducing cookies to breakfast! I am all on board for that! :D

Ok now I feel like a real blonde.... I figured out that you had a link hidden in there. :oops: Those cookies look awesome! All of that blueberry goodness oozing out of them. I am wishing I could make some this morning!

Reaction score
I haven't tried this recipe. It's on my baking list for the weekend, so maybe I'll torment you all with picture ;)

I was looking for another recipe (also with blueberries) when I came across this one. It looked too awesome not to post.

Your turn now; share your best finds or inventions for breakfast cookies :)

Reaction score
I have a cookie recipe from my 17 Day Diet book, but I'm not sure I can print that here? It's got all sorts of good stuff in it!

Reaction score
This sounds like an interesting recipe unfortunate I can't find it. I have seen other breakfast cookie recipes that are made form oatmeal and bananas . I can't help thinking how great these would be on the go.

Reaction score
That sounds like a good breakfast combo, as well as the oatmeal banana suggested by NThomas. What a great reason not to skip breakfast!

Reaction score
So is this more of a scone? Will the yogurt make it moist or is it drier? I love the idea and will be making them for breakfast! Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Brilliant! They look delicious. I will try the recipe. Also good to have as backup when one is running late in the mornings. Just take a couple of cookies with you and have them with your coffee when you get to work or wherever you are going. I think muesli, rasin and yoghurt cookies will also be a good breakfast combination.

Reaction score
I've done this as a coming-of-age proclamation. What else shouts out "I'm an independent adult!" than having chocolate chip cookies for breakfast? :D

Reaction score
I have never heard of blueberry yogurt cookies before. I need to check that out and see if I will like it.

Reaction score
I never thought of cookies like a good option for breakfast, and keeping in mind all those recipes with whole grains and other energy boosters, it could be a great option to start the day, particularly for children :D

I will start including cookies the upcoming Monday and let's see what happens!

Reaction score
I like the recipes I hsbe seen for breakfast cookies and I will be making these to see how I like them. I like cookies and it would be nice to have them In the morning and not feel guilty.

Reaction score
They look yummy! I'm going to have to come up with my own version, what a good idea :)

Reaction score
I think any cookie recipe can be changed up to be breakfast acceptable. The difference between breakfast and dessert cookies tends to be the addition of oatmeal, and dried fruit add-ins.

Reaction score
And here I was expecting something savory and almost egg-y? lol.
Those do sound really good though!

Ask a Question