Breaking Bad themed baking

Reaction score
It's the Breaking Bad premiere in a couple of days (11th Aug for US, 12th Aug for UK) and I cannot wait!! My husband and brother are really into it too, so we're watching the new episode together on Monday. I want to do a Breaking Bad themed meal, and if it all goes well then I might have a Breaking Bad party for the finale and invite friends over.

For the savoury food, I'm thinking either Mexican / Tex Mex food, or Heisenburgers, or Los Pollos Hermanos friend chicken.

For the sweet stuff I can have a bit more fun and of course include the obligatory fake blue meth candy! I've seen quite a few good ideas online, such as cupcakes decorated with the fake meth, or character cookies, but I was wondering whether anyone else had any good ideas?

These cookies look amazing: http://www.semisweetdesigns.com/2012/06/26/breaking-bad-cookies/

I've also read that mixing blue food colouring with hard sugar sweets (such as Fox's Glacier Mints that we have in the UK) makes a good meth and saves messing about with the sugar thermometer!

Reaction score
Those Breaking Bad cookies are astonishing and definitely beyond my decorating capabilities. I love that you have the creativity and sense of humor to go all out for a theme party around your favorite show.

It sounds like you have quite a party planned. If you take any photos of the food, it would be awesome if you shared them here.

Reaction score
This would be a cool idea for the party invitations.

64e348e80f592cf96d5df7044f3febaf.jpg

Reaction score
I only just started watching this show on Netflix, so I may not get all the in-jokes, but the idea of all the themed food (especially the cookies!) is appealing :)

Reaction score
I only just started watching this show on Netflix, so I may not get all the in-jokes, but the idea of all the themed food (especially the cookies!) is appealing :)

Ooh you're in for a treat! I really want to re-watch them all, so I'm hoping to get a chance after the series finale.

We ended up having fried chicken! I had a go at making the blue fake meth, but all I had was golden syrup rather than any clear syrup so it started off a golden brown colour. To make matters worse, I took my eyes off the sugar thermometer for just that bit too long and missed the hard crack stage so it ended up too dark and with a slightly burnt taste :( I tried adding food colouring but it made no difference. Oh well! At least it's good practice for next time!! :D

Reaction score
Just looked at the link for the Breaking Bad cookies. They are amazing! I never would have thought to have a Breaking Bad party with themed food. It sounds like a lot of fun and a real exercise in creativity. It's a little disturbing that we're "cooking meth" here. LOL

Reaction score
Thats so cool! I tried making blue rock candy one time but it didn't turn out too well; the color was off. Those cookies look great, although definitely are beyond my decorating ability.

Reaction score
Those cookies are great looking and I love the party bag invitations. That is a very unique way to invite someone over.

Reaction score
I'm usually too nervous to eat during the episode itself, but man those cookies are amazing!

Ask a Question