broken whisk

Reaction score
anyone's mixture ever been so thick that when you're trying to mix it with a (really cheap) whisk, the "prongs" (I don't know what to call the metal wires) have actually come out the handle. I did this last week and it sprang out of the handle and scared the life out of me.

Reaction score
No, thank goodness! I've broken the handles on many things, though, over the years. Taught me to buy the better quality when I can afford it, since that's usually the weakest spot.

Reaction score
My whisk is pretty study and hasn't broken yet. I have experienced the whisk breaking off in the past. Let me tell you that it isn't a fun experience when it is the only whisk you have.

Reaction score
Yepp, tell me about it, I had to finish mixing them with a fork! That gave my hands a real workout!

Reaction score
They make plastic ones as well, that hold their shape a little better - but I find the prongs on them are too thick and they don't whip stuff up as well. Plus I'm always nervous about them melting when I am whisking something in a hot pan.

I usually just get a cheap one at the dollar store, then replace them when they start to get all bent up. I've had more expensive ones that did the same thing, so it kills me to pay more than a buck for them knowing that's going to happen.

Reaction score
Yes, I do that same, thing, I buy the cheapest one from Walmart and then just replace it when I need to.

Ask a Question