• 1½ tsp. sea salt
  • 1¼ c. (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2⅓ c. brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ c. butterscotch chips
  • 1 c. pecans, chopped

Directions
  1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Swirl occasionally until it begins to foam. The butter will pop, once that stops, you will begin to see brown bits for and it will smell nutty. Let the mixture cook for 1-2 more minutes and then strain through a mesh sieve into a small bowl. Discard the browned bits.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt, set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl of the bowl of a stand mixer beat the browned butter and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, then the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Fold in the butterscotch chips and pecans. Place the dough into an air-tight container and chill for 2 hours, preferably 24. The longer the dough chills, the better it tastes.
  4. When ready to bake, set out the dough for 20 minutes prior to baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats, set aside.
  5. Using a standard size cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons) place dough onto the prepared baking sheets (12 per sheet). Sprinkle the tops with a little sea salt, then place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and lightly golden brown on the tops. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brown-Sugar-Butterscotch-Pecan-Cookies-1.jpg

Reaction score
These look yummy. I love pecans! My southern grandma always had pecans in the house for the holidays. Every time I buy them thinking I'm going to make a cookie or use them as a topping for a coffee cake I end up eating them up.

Ask a Question