Brownie Pops

Reaction score
So, I decided last night to make brownie pops (like cake pops) for Easter. It was kind of on a whim and I had some brownie mix in the pantry that I wanted to use up.

Never ever again will I make brownie pops. Maybe I was tired. I don't know but only 4 of the 12 I made actually looked pretty. The rest looked stupid. I had decided to dip them in chocolate and add sprinkles just to make them cute. In the end, I took them off the sticks and made them into brownie bon bons. I've decided that I will no longer make any sort of cake or brownie pop again. Just too much time and effort for things that don't really look that great. OH well :(

Reaction score
You can always buy one of those cake pop pans. that wasy all you have to do is frost them or cover the pos with chocolate. They won't have filling but they will still pe on a stick and can be decorates in the sam way. Thay can be just as cute but far less work. Try pouring the chocolate or use pourable fondant , again you get great results with ut the frustration.

Reaction score
I've never had success with any cake pops I've made. I even bought the cake pop pan and still didn't turn out right. I haven't given up completely yet.

Reaction score
Was there anything specific you didn't like about making them? Too time consuming/tedious? Did you have the correct supplies? Just asking because when I first made cake pops they were a mess, but then when I bought the actual pan my results were far superior. I wonder if brownies are too dense for cake pops. I wish you had enjoyed making them more, but I do think the end result of brownie bon bons is really cute.

Reaction score
I had the cake pop pans and the sticks. The few that did turn out looked really cute but I think it was the shape of the brownies. The cake pop pan I have doesn't make the pops round but more oblong and they ended up falling off the sticks. The end result taste wise was fantastic. They really tasted great. I also thing the other problem was that I didn't have anywhere to prop them up properly to cool. I wasn't keen on laying them down to cool and I wasn't sure what to do once I had dipped them in chocolate. Do I lay them down or do I prop them up? How do I not mess up the chocolate?!

Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is make sure they stay on the stick. Once the have cooled after baking you can put the stick on. Melt your chocolate , then dip the sticks in the chocolate. Next insert the stick in the center for your cake pops. Remember to press the stick in deep and firmly.Next place the cake pops in the frezer for 10-15 minutes. Take them out and you are ready to decorate. Now if you want to prop them up to dry decorate or just for display , get youself some foam , the type you find in the craft store or bakery supply shop. Your foam should be at least 3 inches thick. Just press your cake pops on the sticks in to the foam.

Reaction score
Brownie Pops are fun, playful candies that combine two favorite tastes into one great candy. Brownies and chocolate frosting are mixed and formed into balls that are placed on sticks and dipped in chocolate. These “pops” taste like decadent fudgy brownies and make perfect party food or favors.

Reaction score
They taste good from the bakery, but I have not had much luck making them either. It is not worth all of the work in the end...and I have had the issue of them falling off the stick when I dip them.

Reaction score
The cake pops that I made turned out very tasty but also very ugly. You can order them online, and they're very pretty and delicious, but they are also very, very expensive. I think cake pops are cool and all, but I think they're a bit overrated. I'd rather make a cute cupcake or something...so much easier! :)

Reaction score
We all take time to get that perfection. There is no point in getting disappointed. Instead, I will suggest you to try it again and keep a recipe handy. I remember those days where my butter cookies were nothing but disasters still, my passion kept me on and I finally made delicious cookies. Today, I can bake butter cookies even in my dreams. So don't be disappointed and gear up to give another try. All the best !

Ask a Question