How to Make Decadent Banoffe Brownies

Reaction score
Hello,

I had an idea for a brownie creation for a party I am going to and wanted to get help on how to approach it.

My idea is a decadent banoffe brownie.

What I thought of doing was a layer of brownie mix, cooked enough to support a layer of banana and noffee mix. Then topped again with brownie.

My question is how to approach it.

If I par cook the bottom to support the brownie then add the banana and new brownie mix, either the top will be under done or the bottom over done.

I could just sandwich two complete brownies with the banana and sauce, but wanted them to be more combined than they would be just be squashing together after.

I have seen other brownies which appear to have a filling layer that is done in the cooking process.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Reaction score
Hello.
That is a conundrum.
I feel like you want something more impressive than a brownie swirled with banoffee filling, though this is the route I would take.

What would happen if you just layer the brownie batter, bannoffee stuff and brownie batter top layer and stuck it in the oven?
It could work. It could also be a complete disaster.

Sorry I couldn't offer more wisdom.

Reaction score
My expectations are the weight of the noffee and banana would sink to the bottom of one, usually you flour the fruit to give it traction. It might be a case of having two batters one is very thick as the base layer, the other looser to fill the gaps from the top.

Reaction score
Well...I think you should just do it! Even if it all melds together it's gonna taste delicious. You can call it Brownoffee.

OR--

What about putting a ganache on top instead of a second brownie layer?

Reaction score
I have my plan and will post the results
2 Batches of brownie mix, one slighlty thicker as the base layer, one thinner to fill the gaps on top.

Thick layer, thin slices of banana, condensed mile noffee layer. thinner mix to fill the gaps. Cook.1/2 way through sprinkle with nuts. cook and cool

Then melt white chocolate and dark chocolate and criss cross across the top. Eat

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear how it turns out. Photos, please!
We don't hear too much about Banoffee here in the U.S., but chatting with you about this has inspired me to make my first Banoffee pie tomorrow.

Reaction score
This sounds yummy, but what a project. I would just layer them together once the brownies have cooked so that you are sure to get the results you want. I would be too scared of ruining it if I were to bake it all at once. Brownie batter is thick though so the bananas may not sink.

Reaction score
I really would love to see a picture of the end product. It sounds like it would look really interesting!

Ask a Question