Brownies in the microwave...What?!

Reaction score
This is one I am goind to pass on. I just ca't see thse coming out right. They may taste fine but I have a feelling the texture is not going to be what it should be without the right texture you just have chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I've never tried microwave brownies but I really like the mug cakes and things like that which you can cook in the microwave. Not only are they super convenient for a sweet tooth, they make great teacher's gifts and such as well.

Reaction score
I've never tried it...I do like the idea though, even though it doesn't seem like it would turn out as well...the mug ones are so cool!

Reaction score
I had never thought about giving these as gifts. I think it would be awesome to put the dry ingredients in a really nice mug, then wrap them up with pretty paper. Attach the instructions with a pretty ribbon, and you're good to go. Thanks for the idea, dorann.

Reaction score
When I was selling pastries before and brownies is one of my products of course I am using my conventional oven because I am making a volume of brownies. It cannot be done in a microwave oven because it is too small and it consumed many hours of baking time for my brownies. But I had read many articles and had watched videos on youtube making simple and easy cakes in the microwave oven and there are many of them. But I do not have the chance to experiment trying to do it.

Reaction score
Since the original post, we are nearly two years down the road and we all know how common place it has become. I can't say I have been thrilled with my few attempts but I won't shut down just yet. I am determined to find a success microwave recipe that I can feel proud about.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd ever attempt making a brownie in the microwave to be honest, unless I was trying to bake a mug cake ;) The other day I found an info graph telling how much cake flour mix (boxed, of course) to make one of those mug cakes that actually taste good. I haven't tried it, but it's in my to do list ;)

Ask a Question