Brownies w/ peanunt butter filling

Reaction score
I'm making triple chocolate fudge brownies with peanut butter filling. Thjs is new for me and I cant even find a reciepe online. I was thinking of cooking each brownieaywr than placing the filling on the bottom layer and placing the top later ontop. Is that the best way? Does anyone know of another/better way?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Just so I understand, are you looking to sandwich the brownies together with peanut butter once cooked? Or are you looking for a way to bake a layer of peanut butter into the brownies?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Just so I understand, are you looking to sandwich the brownies together with peanut butter once cooked? Or are you looking for a way to bake a layer of peanut butter into the brownies?
I like the idea of having it sandwich between this way you get the gooey peanut butter.

Reaction score
Since brownies are very thin and bake quickly, I think you could bake the filling in the brownies.

Spread half the batter in the pan, add the filling, then the remainer of the batter.

Or, to create separate layer, spread half the batter in the pan and bake until set, about 8 minutes. Then add the filling and the reminder of the batter, then finish the bake.

Since peanut butter, especially natural peanut butter will almost liquify when heated, it may work better to stabilize it. Just add a bit of confectioner’s sugar and/or a creamy cheese, like mascarpone or cream cheese, that holds up to baking.

Ask a Question