Bubblegum flavouring

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I need to make a bubblegum flavoured cake and wondered people's thoughts on which brand is best to use? I have never used this flavour before so would appreciate any help
Thanks
Charlotte

Reaction score
It really depends on your personal taste. Not all brands will taste the same. Some will taste more like candy, as some will taste more "fake".

It will also depend on if you use flavored oil, water based liquid, paste, or syrup.

Personally, I like the high end flavorings used for Snocones. But, unless you are a master at using non-pastry geared flavorings, it might not work out for you.

You might call, or go in person, to some high end cake shops in your area and see if they have such flavoring available, and if they can let you have a taste of it. Then you can get whatever brand they use.

Reaction score
I think Chester's on the right track there. I would hate to make a cake using something I'd never tasted, and have wasted my time and still need to find something that worked and make another cake. I think bubblegum is a flavor that could go very wrong, so being able to taste it ahead of time, to ensure it's good quality and has the taste you want in your cake would be a good step to take.

Reaction score
I vote for the snow cone flavoring.... instead of adding to the batter make a sponge cake and brush it on.
The syrup may have to be watered down a little so it will absorb better.

Huny

Reaction score
it sounds like a kids cake ,but my last cake looked like a kid made it and I'm serious about that :)

Reaction score
Bubblegum is one of those flavors that is usually reserved for fillings or frostings. The one time I've known it to be used to make a cake, it didn't turn out too well. For some reason, the heat does something weird to this kind of flavor and turns it funky.

I would suggest a creamcheese or mousse filling flavored with bubblegum.
And/or bubblegum flavored frosting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack Sr

Latest Threads