Building A Baking Website

Reaction score
A while back I was trying to come up with an idea to help me to practice my web development skills and my mum asked me to do a baking website. I thought it would be pretty cool to try and create an online collection of baking recipes that can be contributed to by anybody. So for a while now I've been working on a website called Share And Bake:- www.shareandbake.co.uk/.

It's my first time developing and running a site like this so I guess I'm a little apprehensive about getting it all to work properly. I could do with a little help getting it tested and off the ground, or perhaps some feedback about what sort of content you'd like to see on a site like this. Thanks.

Reaction score
What a cool idea, I think that's a great way to work on your skills there :). I only had time for a quick run through right now, but it seems well set up. The links are all working properly, the format is nice. Love the header. I'll check it out more in detail later and try and dig up some feedback for you ;).

Reaction score
That's a wonderful idea! Congrats on building that web site and get it to run properly! It might have some errors floating around, but don't worry, I'm sure eventually everything will be fixed :);) Oh by the way... there seems to be something wrong with the home section.

Reaction score
That's a wonderful idea! Congrats on building that web site and get it to run properly! It might have some errors floating around, but don't worry, I'm sure eventually everything will be fixed :);) Oh by the way... there seems to be something wrong with the home section.

Thanks. I'm willing to work on it, fix errors and add new features as I go along. I'm just not use to sharing my work or asking for advice even though I really need to get the feedback to make improvements. It's amazing how much you can test something and still find new things to fix. How does the home section appear on your screen?

Reaction score
What a cool idea, I think that's a great way to work on your skills there :). I only had time for a quick run through right now, but it seems well set up. The links are all working properly, the format is nice. Love the header. I'll check it out more in detail later and try and dig up some feedback for you ;).

Thank you for having a look. I very much appreciate it :).

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm willing to work on it, fix errors and add new features as I go along. I'm just not use to sharing my work or asking for advice even though I really need to get the feedback to make improvements. It's amazing how much you can test something and still find new things to fix. How does the home section appear on your screen?

I got a error message, but now is working great! I see your fixed it asap! Well done :) I love the layout of your web site, those pics are also perfect!!!! I'll definitely bookmark it! It looks like you really have wonderful recipes over there... the lemon drizzle tray cake intrigued me!

Reaction score
I got a error message, but now is working great! I see your fixed it asap! Well done :) I love the layout of your web site, those pics are also perfect!!!! I'll definitely bookmark it! It looks like you really have wonderful recipes over there... the lemon drizzle tray cake intrigued me!

Thanks. So happy to hear it's working better now. I'm glad you like it and hopefully I can get some more recipes added soon. My mum and aunt are both keen bakers so I've been asking them to help me to fill it out.

Reaction score
A while back I was trying to come up with an idea to help me to practice my web development skills and my mum asked me to do a baking website. I thought it would be pretty cool to try and create an online collection of baking recipes that can be contributed to by anybody. So for a while now I've been working on a website called Share And Bake:- www.shareandbake.co.uk/.

It's my first time developing and running a site like this so I guess I'm a little apprehensive about getting it all to work properly. I could do with a little help getting it tested and off the ground, or perhaps some feedback about what sort of content you'd like to see on a site like this. Thanks.
What a great idea!! You should be so proud of yourself for even attempting this!!! I would have no clue, so I'm super impressed! I really love the way you have things set up and from me just poking around a bit, it seems to be running good. :)

Just remember... everyone has to start somewhere. As you learn more you will improve things and eventually it will be just like you have always wanted!!

Yay for you !!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Thanks. So happy to hear it's working better now. I'm glad you like it and hopefully I can get some more recipes added soon. My mum and aunt are both keen bakers so I've been asking them to help me to fill it out.

Awesome :) I'm really looking forward to seeing more and more recipes added, but so far the ones that are already there are looking really yummy!!! Your mum and aunt must be really good bakers!

Reaction score
Awesome :) I'm really looking forward to seeing more and more recipes added, but so far the ones that are already there are looking really yummy!!! Your mum and aunt must be really good bakers!
What a great idea!! You should be so proud of yourself for even attempting this!!! I would have no clue, so I'm super impressed! I really love the way you have things set up and from me just poking around a bit, it seems to be running good. :)

Just remember... everyone has to start somewhere. As you learn more you will improve things and eventually it will be just like you have always wanted!!

Yay for you !!

Danyel :)

Thanks for the encouragement :D. It really means a lot as I'm not really known for having much confidence in anything I do. I'm hoping to continue building this up and keep it running, but either way it'll be a good learning experience for me.

Reaction score

We all look forward to eating what they make lol.

Reaction score
Joanna- Just the fact that you were able to get a website up and running is a major accomplishment in itself. I am excited for you and can't wait to see how successful it becomes. Food is always a good topic for a website because people need to eat and cooking is becoming more and more popular as everyone wants to start experimenting with different ingredients.

Reaction score
Joanna- Just the fact that you were able to get a website up and running is a major accomplishment in itself. I am excited for you and can't wait to see how successful it becomes. Food is always a good topic for a website because people need to eat and cooking is becoming more and more popular as everyone wants to start experimenting with different ingredients.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited to see if I can take it anywhere. Baking especially, I think is quite popular at the moment.

Ask a Question