Bunny shortbread cookies

Reaction score
The other day I was going through my cookie cutters and found a bunny shaped one that one of my kids got as a Easter gift last year. Since the sun is now shining and spring is making an appearance, I am going to make chocolate and vanilla shortbread cookies this week. I am going to frost the cookies and top them with assorted candies. Yay for nice weather!

Reaction score
I've never made rolled shortbread cookies, only the cut log kind. Do you use a similar recipe for these?

Reaction score
I think that it is the exact same recipe, but instead of making a log out of them, you just roll out the dough after you chill them for a couple of hours. Please note that if you make the chocolate kind, put sprinkles of coco powder on your rolling surface instead of flour or else you will have white speckled bunnies! I made that mistake the first time I made chocolate shortbread :eek:

Reaction score
I hope you can show us some pictures :) I'd love to get some inspiration right now, and to be honest your cookie idea sounds interesting! I'd love to see it :)

Reaction score
I am going to make them on Friday and I will post some pictures. They are really fun to make because you can use all sorts of candies and nuts depending on what you are in the mood for. I need some spring cheer right about now!

Reaction score
I will wait for the pictures eagerly, then I will copy you and make then for my daughter. Remember imitation is the biggest for of flattery

Reaction score
I LOVE shortbread cookies! When I'm not in the mood for something chocolate-y shortbread cookies are definitely my next choice.

And shortbread cookies is good for cookie decorating too, because it's not as sweet as your typical sugar cookie and it holds up pretty well in the decorating process :)

Great, now I feel like making and decorating some cookies :p

Ask a Question