Butter instead of vegetable oil

Reaction score
I had a box of brownie mix but no vegetable oil! The kids were upset that we didn't have any but what they didn't know was that I googled subsitutes for veggie oil. Most people said butter was a better subsitute and even makes the food tastier.

I have to say that those brownies were the best I've made in quite some time! I'm guessing that butter did in fact make it better.

Reaction score
Butter definitely improves upon a lot of flavors; but I substitute with coconut oil on most things. I like that better for the texture of foods but you're right, butter is pretty tasty. ;)

Reaction score
I use butter in all my baking dishes. It gives the goods a much richer, sweeter taste. I prefer to use coconut oil for frying chicken and its also great for seasoning my cast-iron skillet. For sweet dishes, butter is definitely the way to go!

Reaction score
Butter definitely enhances the flavor of most dishes; especially when i am steaming down my fish with some okras, butter is the thing that gives it that extra delicious taste.

Reaction score
I just made a batch of cookie bars that called for vegetable oil.
I used butter instead the bars came out even better.
They stayed soft and chewy .

Ask a Question