@cahoots

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t how to attach a photograph on a private conversation. I finally moved all the boxed over from Bren’s house. Don’t have a rack set up yet.

I have two 45 lb Ohio power bars. They have center knurling for grip on the back for heavy squats. Not that I squat heavy but for the guys. It’s black zinc oxide. My friend who owns a power gym in town but the same bar for his gym
9A7BDF44-14B5-4C30-B0BE-5E6AAB399F3C.jpeg

Lifters like this bar because of the knurling – – I’m telling you it’s wicked:oops: just getting it out of the box I thought I was going to bleed!!! When I told Bren he laughed. He said take a wire brush to it
68F11A61-67A2-4FE4-A80E-6C4B2F0F0375.jpeg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That's a beaut! Have you now been able to get your first lifting session in since the quarantine?

Reaction score
That's a beaut! Have you now been able to get your first lifting session in since the quarantine?
In the unboxing of the rack, I found some damage. It’s cosmetic, end caps damaged and paint scraped off where boxes ripped open cuz carrier was careless. Only I wheel in the box. The wheels are extra, not needed, so I can put the rack together without them. It looks like the box ripped open in transit and it taped shut. So a wheel may have been lost along the way.

Bren and Mike (my friend the gym owner) said I should contact Rogue. But getting through is near impossible. Mike said he’s stop by tomorrow to help put the rack together if I want, but I’m not sure if I should wait until I talk to Rogue. But the rack is a tank. It’s definitely commercial gym standard. I post a pic when I get it set up.

Reaction score
In the unboxing of the rack, I found some damage. It’s cosmetic, end caps damaged and paint scraped off where boxes ripped open cuz carrier was careless. Only I wheel in the box. The wheels are extra, not needed, so I can put the rack together without them. It looks like the box ripped open in transit and it taped shut. So a wheel may have been lost along the way.

Bren and Mike (my friend the gym owner) said I should contact Rogue. But getting through is near impossible. Mike said he’s stop by tomorrow to help put the rack together if I want, but I’m not sure if I should wait until I talk to Rogue. But the rack is a tank. It’s definitely commercial gym standard. I post a pic when I get it set up.
Shame to hear about the damage, but as long as it doesn't affect any functionality then that's good. I'm assuming that the difficulty in contacting Rogue is probably due to their massively increased business right now haha.

I'm awaiting a picture of the setup! And I think spending the extra money for a proper commercial-quality setup is the way to go for a home gym. After all, if you're making the investment in building a home gym setup, might as well make sure your equipment is high quality and long-lasting. I assume that your equipment so far is just the power rack, barbell, plates, and maybe deadlift platform. Will you still be planning on keeping a gym membership when they re-open for dumbbell or machine work accessories?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Shame to hear about the damage, but as long as it doesn't affect any functionality then that's good. I'm assuming that the difficulty in contacting Rogue is probably due to their massively increased business right now haha.

I'm awaiting a picture of the setup! And I think spending the extra money for a proper commercial-quality setup is the way to go for a home gym. After all, if you're making the investment in building a home gym setup, might as well make sure your equipment is high quality and long-lasting. I assume that your equipment so far is just the power rack, barbell, plates, and maybe deadlift platform. Will you still be planning on keeping a gym membership when they re-open for dumbbell or machine work accessories?
I spoke to Rogue Customer Service today. They told me to send in photographs of the damage and they’ll make a determination as to replacement or some form of credit. Rogue has excellent customer service. Yes the difficulties in getting through to customer service right now has to do with the extraordinary demand for gym equipment. Rogue is the number one crossFit Home gym equipment provider in the US. Their equipment is so good commercial gyms actually purchase it.

I actually canceled my gym membership for now. My friend Mike, who’s going to put the rack together for me, owns the gym. The gym is like a side business for him. He’s been involved in powerlifting for years. He makes gym equipment on the side as well for other gyms.

I can reenroll any time. But since I have asthma my doctor really doesn’t want me in a public gym right now.

so right now I have the power rack with fat skinny pull up bar; 200 kilos of bumper plates, 2 BB, TRX system, few KB & DB, weighted ball; resistance bands; foam rollers and a few other odds and ends.

I just ordered a bumper plate tree from Rogue yesterday. They’ve been out of stock for weeks. But they sent me an email this morning that said it would be 14 to 21 days before they ship it. So they don’t have it in stock. Normally Rogue ships within 2 to 3 days from receipt of an order.

Everything else is still out of stock. I still need to get a bench, a few more KB & DB. From there I should be pretty well set up.