Cake and ice cream

Reaction score
I think I may be the only person in this world that does not like the combination of cake and ice cream. It is not the flavor that bothers me, but the soggy texture that the cake takes on when the ice cream starts to melt. I either have to have one or the other, but not both on the same plate.

Reaction score
I think I may be the only person in this world that does not like the combination of cake and ice cream. It is not the flavor that bothers me, but the soggy texture that the cake takes on when the ice cream starts to melt. I either have to have one or the other, but not both on the same plate.

I know what you mean. I tend to take a little longer eating my food, and so sometimes the cake does become soggy if it's placed on top of the cake, or even on the same plate. I love both separately, and on birthdays in particular, I love the combination of the two, but I tend to keep them separate, so the liquid in the ice cream doesn't affect the cake.

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I tend to take a little longer eating my food, and so sometimes the cake does become soggy if it's placed on top of the cake, or even on the same plate. I love both separately, and on birthdays in particular, I love the combination of the two, but I tend to keep them separate, so the liquid in the ice cream doesn't affect the cake.

That's what I do too! If the cake and ice cream are served on the same plate, I prompty push the cake right to one edge so that it doesn't get all mushy! I don't mind eating them together, but I like doing so in little bites, rather than letting the ice cream melt and turning everything into a giant soggy mess!

Reaction score
It is absolutely true. I find it uncomfortable eating cake and ice cream in one plate. I put them on a separate serving plate and bowl so that I can feel the deliciousness of their taste!

Reaction score
I have been known to ask for them on separate plates and I do not feel embarrassed or shy about doing it. I would feel like I am offending the host more if I did not have cake and ice cream at all. I have very sensitive taste buds and I am terribly sensitive to textures as well. If things do not feel right while I am eating them, I will most likely gag.

Reaction score
Talk about cake and ice cream and my mouth is watering. I don't have a sweet tooth, but this is something I love. I have not had it in ages, but just reading about it has me wanting some. I don't get mine all soggy. Just the right balance is what I achieve when eating the two together.

Reaction score
For me it depends, if the cake is too sweet on its own and covered in super sweet icing, then I might not feel like ice cream is needed. But if it's very simple cake then I might feel it is. I personally like to serve the ice cream in a different plate (a deeper one) and the cake in one of those flat dishes (perfect for cake).

Reaction score
yummmm that's the ultimate best cake combination for me. what about cake with apple pie?
I would be totally happy with a plate of cake and apple pie, that sounds like a marvelous combination. I am all about putting different baked goods all on one plate, it is just cake and ice cream that grosses me out.

Reaction score
I don't really care for Ice Cream and Cake together,,I'd rather have some chocolate cake and peaches,with some of the heavy syrup pored over the cake :)

Ask a Question