Baking a Wedding Cake for 100 - Need Recipe Help

What is the largest cake you have ever made?

• 2 round cake pans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cale that serves betweem 100-200 people

• Cake that serves over 200 people

• I have never baked a cake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
A friend is getting married and asked if I can make the cake! Help!! My first question is: does anyone have a good recipe that will last a couple days in the refrigerator (as I will have to begin at least a day or two before the wedding) and also a recipe that would yield well for about 100 people? Thanks!

Reaction score
Oh, first time I saw this post! The only person that I know who bakes for that many people is my mom, so I could give her recipe books a raid. We'll see what we can find in there. I think any basic recipe would keep in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 days, though if you're keeping it in a household refrigerator, there may be a risk of cross-contamination.Maybe keep them covered in wax paper just in case?

Reaction score
Oh, first time I saw this post! The only person that I know who bakes for that many people is my mom, so I could give her recipe books a raid. We'll see what we can find in there. I think any basic recipe would keep in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 days, though if you're keeping it in a household refrigerator, there may be a risk of cross-contamination.Maybe keep them covered in wax paper just in case?

Yes! thanks. A recipe grab from mom's cupboard would be great! And one that can last in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 days even better. I am looking into a fruit cake, but am open to a host of ideas. The bride and groom have not given me the budget yet so I need to think about how much all the ingredients are going to cost. I am open to decorating tips too! But you know that I'm desperate for any tips from my other thread. :)

Ask a Question