Cake for my nephew

Reaction score
So next month is my sisters baby shower and while I'm baking a cake for the event I want to do a special cake for my nephew. He is so excited about becoming a big brother and we want to do a little something to acknowledge that. I want to do a little 6 inch cake especially for him and I'm drawing a blank. He loves dinosaurs and chocolate cake but I'm having a hard time finding inspiration.
Any help I could get would be really helpful.
Thank you!

Reaction score
How old is he? I ask because I thought Jenn at Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio would have something cute in a dinosaur theme, but this is really more science looking.

However, the Australian baker Elise, of MyCupcakeAddiction, made a cute dinosaur themed cake for her son's birthday.
What's cute about this is that the cake is really the landscape and the Arlo dinosaur toy would be a permanent keepsake. It happens to be a six-inch cake, but incredibly tall, which I imagine you could make shorter...

Reaction score
I'm thinking more along the lines of dinosaur cupcakes..........

4b8ac2c958b4ce3cad4fc08e1964c1ba--dinosaur-cupcakes-dino-cake.jpg

b9a85a4fd77161fa6f6181104e2b600b--dinosaur-birthday-rd-birthday.jpg

You could just do some "grassy" cupcakes and put dinosaur toys on them........that way he would have some toys to play with as well.
dsc_4998.jpg

Reaction score
How old is he? I ask because I thought Jenn at Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio would have something cute in a dinosaur theme, but this is really more science looking.

However, the Australian baker Elise, of MyCupcakeAddiction, made a cute dinosaur themed cake for her son's birthday.
What's cute about this is that the cake is really the landscape and the Arlo dinosaur toy would be a permanent keepsake. It happens to be a six-inch cake, but incredibly tall, which I imagine you could make shorter...

My nephew is turning seven in November. The second cake is cute and something I'll think about.
I have decided to make it a piñata cake. I'm going to use jelly beans or peanut chocolate candies as dinosaur eggs. He will love it.

Reaction score
I'm thinking more along the lines of dinosaur cupcakes..........

4b8ac2c958b4ce3cad4fc08e1964c1ba--dinosaur-cupcakes-dino-cake.jpg

b9a85a4fd77161fa6f6181104e2b600b--dinosaur-birthday-rd-birthday.jpg

You could just do some "grassy" cupcakes and put dinosaur toys on them........that way he would have some toys to play with as well.
dsc_4998.jpg

Those cupcakes are adorable.
The grassy cupcakes with the dinosaur toys are like the ones I did for his sixth birthday.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 472
Reaction score
Ooooo..........I keep forgetting about edible images!

You can do an edible image for the cake if you want. You can use any image you want, and it gets printed onto an edible piece of fondant "paper".

Some bakeries have the machines and you can have them make one for you, with your own image.
You can order them custom made online.
If you don't care about the cost, then you can order the special food coloring ink cartridges for your home printer and buy the fondant paper, and do it yourself at home.

51hox354kaL._SY355_.jpg

Reaction score
Ooooo..........I keep forgetting about edible images!

You can do an edible image for the cake if you want. You can use any image you want, and it gets printed onto an edible piece of fondant "paper".

Some bakeries have the machines and you can have them make one for you, with your own image.
You can order them custom made online.
If you don't care about the cost, then you can order the special food coloring ink cartridges for your home printer and buy the fondant paper, and do it yourself at home.

51hox354kaL._SY355_.jpg

This is a good idea. I think I'll do some looking online to see what I can find.
Thank you!

Ask a Question