Cake forms

Reaction score
What are some of the items you have used to make cake forms in the past for structural cakes? I have seen PVC pipes and metal wire in the past, but have you used anything different? I would be worried about making sure these things are ultra sterile.

Reaction score
I'm kind of boring - I've only used proper cake pans before! Never even thought to use things like PVC pipe or wire! Like you, I'd be worried about whether or not those things were sterile enough - and also, I think I'd be worried about any of the wire possibly getting into the cake itself! That would be my biggest worry!

Reaction score
I have only baked simple cakes so far, but it'd be interesting to see what the pros have to say about the subject ;) I'm talking about the people who often create crazy looking cakes for a living.

Reaction score
It's not an area I have experience with but I am always interested in the conversation. I also love to see the results of the work people do. Maybe a professional here is going to shed some light on the subject.

Reaction score
I do not think I am a talented enough cake baker yet to attempt a 3D cake, but someday I will give it a try. I need to have more time on my side before I delve into a project like that.

Reaction score
I'm like the rest of y'all, and use standard issue cake pans. My Mom used to bake bread in coffee cans, which I think was pretty common back then, when the cans were actually metal. I have more than enough pans for any and every cake I'd want to make, but I'm sure someone more adventurous will come along with some great stories and pictures.

Ask a Question